• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Has anyone using YTTV on PS4 found a diagram or guide of the controller functions? I've gotten the basics, but others in the house are more challenged with this type of thing.

I'm on this setup and I find the guide/navigation just terrible compared to the PS Vue I was on before.

Be sure to buy the latest Roku if you go that way. There is an issue with YTTV Video On Demand and Roku where shows will hang and not return from commercial (cannot ffwd commercials). YTTV blames Roku and vice versa. Supposedly not an issue for latest Roku or any Firestick.

Use both Roku and Firestick. Both have their plus and minus. Roku offers a lot more apps for downloading.

Youtube TV jumping up to $64.99/month (+$15.00) just because it's adding BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1. And to think, I switched to this to avoid fluctuating cable costs smdh.

Last edited:
Ugh. I’ll be glad to have Comedy Central but I didn’t miss not having it.

Streaming TV is too expensive, but at least you aren’t locking into contracts. You can subscribe for a month and then cancel. Or only subscribe for football season.

Been pretty happy with YouTube tv over the past 18 months or so, but I'm certainly going to be looking at options again. Pretty sure the price has almost doubled since we signed up, and I'm not really interested in any of those channels.

I've been happy too with YTTV.. But the price point keeps creeping up. I am going to explore Hulu with Live TV a bit further again. That seemed to be the second best option last time I looked into this stuff. Anyone have it??

I’d care less about the increase if i hadn’t just bought Yellowstone Season 3 on Amazon.

2 episodes in and now YTTV gets Paramount.

I just put a pause on my YouTubeTV account, which was actually set to renew tomorrow. As I ranted about before, they got rid of my local sports channels, so I was going to switch to Hulu Live TV once the NHL play-offs and MLB started ... and then the virus stopped all of that, so I just held on with YTTV. But with the big price increase for channels I really could care less about, and the possibility of the sports starting back up, it's time to make the switch. I trialed Hulu Live before, and liked YTTV better, but with no sports on these days, I find that we watch Netflix more than "regular TV" these days anyways. Personally I liked the cable experience better than YTTV, and if the price of the streaming services keeps going up, then price starts to become a non-factor. The only advantage they will have is not having to lock into a long term contract. And then the fact that my cable still doesn't have the ACC Network.

Been very happy with yttv for a couple years now. Not loving the price increase, but it is what it is. Just saw some articles about fubotv adding all of the ESPN and ABC channels this summer. Fubotv already has a ton of channels, this would give them a big chunk of what they were missing. Just have to see what they increase their prices too. ESPN ain't cheap.

Bout time for some a la carte. Can I keep the new Comedy Central but lose all the Fox shit and ESPN and call it even?

TV content is very much into redistribution. Big channels pay for the production of th channels that only a few people watch. Kinda like football revenues at big universities pay for all the other sports.

A la carte is a pipe dream, but I'll keep on dreaming with you.

Bout time for some a la carte. Can I keep the new Comedy Central but lose all the Fox shit and ESPN and call it even?

My college age daughter just moved off campus, and did not even consider getting any TV package. This generation's demand for TV will bring providers to their knees. I think this is when we'll get a la carte, and perhaps even free subscriptions. Network revenue would be ads only.

Been very happy with yttv for a couple years now. Not loving the price increase, but it is what it is. Just saw some articles about fubotv adding all of the ESPN and ABC channels this summer. Fubotv already has a ton of channels, this would give them a big chunk of what they were missing. Just have to see what they increase their prices too. ESPN ain't cheap.

FuboTV increased their prices as well

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/1/2...mily-plan-standard-youtube-disney-warnermedia

Just read that article and was going to post. Everything is happening so fast :willynilly

Last edited:
Back