• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Yeah I like the interface of YTTV a lot, works great. Bummer that they raised rates so much and lost access to the regional sports networks though, especially since they aren't accessible through an antenna either.

anyway to stream cbs sunday morning? we've had verizon fios but considering cutting the cord. cbs or verizon has begun making it difficult to record cbs sm via dvr. it seems like setting up a season pass is no longer working and the channel guide will often not show the coming sunday morning episode and you have to remember to manually set up to record the day before or morning of. some googling looks like you can't get cbs on hulu live but maybe i am not seeing the right info.

If you have a 247 vip it comes with paramount plus which includes cbs streaming.

Love YTTV but no regional sports networks.

yes, this is the biggest downside, but NFL is covered, I get NBA through League Pass, and those are the only regional teams I follow much

ACCN/ESPN3 covers all the college sports, for the most part

So I setup my Sony Bravia TV (not a flex, its pertinent to the story) in my new home, (which already lacks Verizon cell service btw), and realize AT&T never sent me a cable box. I call AT&T and they say Cable boxes are extra these days, its an extra $240 for a cable box. Otherwise I can download the AT&T TV app on the television. After 30 minutes of searching I find out, Sony Bravia TV's don't support the AT&T app, cant even download it.

My options are to pay extra for a box, use the app through a firestick or Roku type device or just cut the cord and just go streaming services.

Anyone know a smart work around or do I just start shelling out more money.

One thing to consider is the importance you place on picture quality. Streaming of live TV is usually pretty good, but will occasionally have issues that cable will not. It's most noticeable watching sports, where the picture is just not super smooth.

yes, this is the biggest downside, but NFL is covered, I get NBA through League Pass, and those are the only regional teams I follow much

ACCN/ESPN3 covers all the college sports, for the most part

Did you figure out a way to get your local games through league pass? VPN or something?

Did you figure out a way to get your local games through league pass? VPN or something?

no

my situation is different in that I split my YTTV with my dad and brother, and dad is the account host in Raleigh -- all my local channels are Raleigh based, but I pay $5/mo for the Locast app when I want access to Chicago-based local channels (which is rare); I'd use an antenna but where my TV is in my apartment and the signal, etc. make it not a stable option

I pay for League Pass via YTTV and thus Hornets games are blacked out, but not Bulls games -- if I use the NBA TV app, Chicago highlights are blacked out

I haven't tried to log in to League Pass app on my Roku to then maybe get access to Hornets games, but this is mostly to spite 2&2

Bottom line, Hulu or YTTV?

I went through this a few months ago and ended up with YTTV due to NFL network, one more streaming channel, and unlimited DVR. (You can get unlimited DVR on Hulu, but it costs you $10/month extra)

I preferred the format of YTTV when I made the switch and did trials of both.

one minor beef with YTTV is that I want a one-button previous channel option

Back