• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

I have Spectrum (internet only, no cable) and I just found out you can watch the Bally App with only those credentials.

My mind is fucking blown.

No more sailing the high seas for Wake games!

I have Spectrum (internet only, no cable) and I just found out you can watch the Bally App with only those credentials.

interesting. I've used my mom's Spectrum log-in for Bally (she has both internet and cable).

You just logged into Bally Sports app with your spectrum internet email and pwd and it let you in? Just tried it, only have spectrum internet not cable, and didn't work for me.

Edit, I just tried watching something and when it asks you to connect and choose your Cable provider that's where you enter your internet credentials and it does work. At first I was trying to log into the app itself.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Spectrum package price has been jacked up 25 percent in the last 11 months…seriously looking into options at this point.

I think I’m going to get rid of my landline, switch to att gigabyte internet only, and get some kind of antenna for over the air tv reception. Combined with the Disney/Hulu/ESPN pkg, Netflix, Amazon prime, PBS passport, and HBO max that should be more than enough tv.

So…any recommendations on a tv antenna? Just try an indoor one and place it near a window? Or get someone to install one outside?

Thx.

I think I’m going to get rid of my landline, switch to att gigabyte internet only, and get some kind of antenna for over the air tv reception. Combined with the Disney/Hulu/ESPN pkg, Netflix, Amazon prime, PBS passport, and HBO max that should be more than enough tv.

So…any recommendations on a tv antenna? Just try an indoor one and place it near a window? Or get someone to install one outside?

Thx.

According to our chief engineer (I work at a TV station), don’t go too cheap. I can ask him for a recommendation tomorrow if you like. The ones that stick to a wall or window are garbage based on what he has told me.

According to our chief engineer (I work at a TV station), don’t go too cheap. I can ask him for a recommendation tomorrow if you like. The ones that stick to a wall or window are garbage based on what he has told me.

Please ask him for a recommendation as I would be curious to know.

Check out antennaweb.org or one of those sites - it'll tell you what's near you and what level of Antenna you need to get those channels. If anything near you has or is going NextGen TV soon be sure to prioritize it. Maybe snag a Homerun ATSC 3.0 tuner as well.

I have this one and it works great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have it resting next to my TV, about 20' or more from a window

bought it to replace this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LLJNCEE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

that one did not work so great for me; lots of channels were in and out

the first has a 250-mile range vs. 50 and for me it made a difference -- don't know enough about the tech to know what the real differences are

First link doesn’t work for me…?

Thanks.

So…sorting through all of the anticipated changes…looks like I can save between 75-140 dollars a month…only big miss on the lower end of the savings is Bally sports.

Seems there’s no good way to stream that without cable or DTV…??

So…sorting through all of the anticipated changes…looks like I can save between 75-140 dollars a month…only big miss on the lower end of the savings is Bally sports.

Seems there’s no good way to stream that without cable or DTV…??

unfortunately no. I just use my mom's cable log-in on the Bally app. So if you know someone willing to share. Been very happy with that set-up + YouTube TV since dropping DTV in January. Only issue was we had buffering during the Super Bowl of all times.

Back