• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

I guess this is the best place for this: Have an Amazon Fire Stick on one TV and everything plays fine except Disney+ buffers all the time. Recently replaced a three-year old Fire Stick with this one, but the issue persists. Hulu was starting to buffer badly on the old one but it's fine now. I have a Roku upstairs and Disney is just fine, and it's much farther from the router than my tv with the Fire Stick. Anyone else had this issue with Disney?

Is the FireStick TV a 4k TV? Can your internet handle that?

Disney+ is 4k where supported.

Have yttv as well. Downloaded Spectrum app on my phone to leverage my parent’s account and thought I would be good. Still couldn’t watch Bally on phone because it popped a message up about needing to be on a Spectrum Wi-fi. Bally channels were a darker color as were the Turner channels and ran into the same issue for those. I have access to ESPN+ as well so guess I’ll try the vpn approach.

Apparently you can use the Bally App.

I have this issue when I’m in the office and trying to watch whatever.

Is the FireStick TV a 4k TV? Can your internet handle that?

Disney+ is 4k where supported.

it's not a 4K FireStick and I'm pretty sure it's not a 4K TV....it's a Samsung I inherited from my uncle. One upstairs is the TCL 6-series so maybe that explains it.

I guess this is the best place for this: Have an Amazon Fire Stick on one TV and everything plays fine except Disney+ buffers all the time. Recently replaced a three-year old Fire Stick with this one, but the issue persists. Hulu was starting to buffer badly on the old one but it's fine now. I have a Roku upstairs and Disney is just fine, and it's much farther from the router than my tv with the Fire Stick. Anyone else had this issue with Disney?

I had significant issues with the Playstation Disney+ app in the early days. Sometimes it was unwatchable with the buffering. Never had an issue with D+ on the roku. Early ps issues have been fixed.

Had a fire stick a few years ago and the sound would drop out regularly and randomly. They gave me a refund and I went with the roku. Very pleased.

I had significant issues with the Playstation Disney+ app in the early days. Sometimes it was unwatchable with the buffering. Never had an issue with D+ on the roku. Early ps issues have been fixed.

Had a fire stick a few years ago and the sound would drop out regularly and randomly. They gave me a refund and I went with the roku. Very pleased.

Yeah this Fire Stick only cost $20 and I assumed it was that I was trying to play Disney on an older model. So maybe I'll just get a Roku stick next time on sale and hold the Fire Stick for a backup or whatever.

I am just proud this thread is still around 8 years after it started, lol. For the record, I now operate with YoutubeTV plus an HBO max subscription and share a ESPN/Disney Plus account so I am usually covered except for ACC regional network games. $^%#*ing Bally sports...

I am just proud this thread is still around 8 years after it started, lol. For the record, I now operate with YoutubeTV plus an HBO max subscription and share a ESPN/Disney Plus account so I am usually covered except for ACC regional network games. $^%#*ing Bally sports...

Not sure if it's different in NC, but I can stream the Bally games through the ESPN app (either with my YTTV log in or my ESPN + one- not sure which, I Just know it works)

Not sure if it's different in NC, but I can stream the Bally games through the ESPN app (either with my YTTV log in or my ESPN + one- not sure which, I Just know it works)

I am actually looking for this exact info. I'm planning to sign up for YouTube TV, beginning Feb 1, but being in the DC area - it does not include MASN (neither does Hulu Live, or any other streamer - thanks Peter Angelos!).

It seems that those listed as Bally Sports on the WFU schedule usually end up on MASN here. So I'm a bit concerned that I will lose these games. But you are saying you can watch on the ESPN app by logging in with YTTV credentials? This makes me think I may be OK.

Anyone else in DC /B-more area with this issue?

If you can get the games regionally, they will be blacked out on the ESPN app. Same setup as always going back to Raycom games.

I'm in W-S and have YTTV. I have not been able to stream the Bally games through ESPN app.

I'm in W-S and have YTTV. I have not been able to stream the Bally games through ESPN app.
I have same setup and use proton free vpn service and connect to a server that is in a different part of the country and it works everytime

I still don't understand why the ACC has its own network and games at consistently on Bally's.

Because of the contract.

I still don't understand why the ACC has its own network and games at consistently on Bally's.

Because they had a multi-year contract to sell games to the regional sports networks before the ACC Network came into existence, and unless they want to pay a lot of money to get those games back, they will continue to air on Bally Sports until that deal runs out. However, unless they decide to start playing more Sunday night/Monday night/Friday night games, there would be nowhere to put them on ACC Network anyway (since Sunday afternoon and Thursday nights currently belong to ACC Women's Basketball on the ACC Network).

Raycom is dead, no? Sinclair bought the Raycom contracts and airs the games on the Bally's network?

I'd like to believe the contract has an out clause for not reaching a certain number of households. I can't imagine Bally's would reach a reasonable number.

Sinclair bought Fox Sports and sold the naming rights to Bally and they partner on the app.

Raycom was mostly on local stations, though, right? and there were still games on Fox Sports South. I remember ACC Sunday Night Hoops was a thing for a while (is it still? I'm so rusty when it comes to watching CBB).

Raycom was mostly on local stations, though, right? and there were still games on Fox Sports South. I remember ACC Sunday Night Hoops was a thing for a while (is it still? I'm so rusty when it comes to watching CBB).

It was. And if the games that are on Bally were on Raycom, people in NC, SC, VA, GA, etc could get them over the air.

Back