• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Oh poor Disney needing to "make their money back" lol. Disney as a victim is quite the hot take.

They’re a victim for feeding the system that pays college football coaches $10M+ a year.

Reading an article, the sticking point seems to be YTTV wants a clause in it saying they’ll be charged a similar amount to comparably sized providers. So they don’t want Hulu to be able to undercut on prices. It doesn’t seem as if there’s a contention on the amount they’re being charged.

Also shocked to learn YTTV only has 4 million subscribers. I woulda guessed way more

Unsurprising, but something that I didn't think about, is that prior recordings on the Disney stations are also inaccessible now. Curious if those are gone for good or will be restored if they reach an agreement.

Live TV streaming is less common than we think.

From what I can tell, Hulu is barely above YTTV.

Just a heads up, I can still watch on the ESPN app.

No ESPN app for this YTTV subscriber. Did the fubotv free week trial. Don't want to go straight to Hulu and reward Disney.

I can’t get ESPN on the app anymore. Asks for the TV provider.

Surprised there are more people signed up for hulu TV than YTTV

Oh poor Disney needing to "make their money back" lol. Disney as a victim is quite the hot take.

Shame on them for being a for profit organization and I never said Disney was a victim. Live sports and events are the only place where an advertiser can achieve mass reach due to the fragmentation of television. The NFL and college football know this and want to be compensated for it. Disney, Fox, CBS, and NBC are willing to pay for it knowing their cable and MVPD providers are just going to pass the cost on to the consumer.

YouTubeTV be like, “I heard you like sports. CBS Sports Network has La Tech vs. LSU.”

I'm giving YouTubeTV until Wednesday to get it worked out or I'm switching to Hulu. My mom gets a basic Spectrum deal that includes ESPN and ESPN2 so that will get me most of the bowl games. But I need the ACCN for our game on Wednesday.

Done deal, Disney back plus everyone gets to keep an extra $15 for the interruption.

Our long national nightmare is over. Happy to delete that bobo-ass fubo app from my tablet.

I’d like to thank our corporate overlords for putting aside their differences for those of us who just want throw down a reasonable amount of money and watch sports.

Previous recordings are availabe again, so that is good. Channels aren't loading back in properly on my Xbox, but that should sort itself out soon.

Back