• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dallas, TX

BostonDeac

Reaction score
Going for the first time this weekend, any must see sites or things to be done? Places to eat? Thinking about going to Pappas Bros Steakhouse one night.

Dallas isn't as cool of a place to visit as Ft. Worth. But if it's your first visit, you can check out the Sixth Floor Museum (School Book Depository) and grassy knoll of JFK fame. Fearing's is a good place to eat: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Dallas/Dining/Fearings/Default.htm

Not sure about the steakhouses. Did you look at D Magazine to choose Pappas Bros? http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2011/May/The_Best_Steakhouses_in_Dallas_01.aspx The only top one I've been to is Bob's, and that was years ago.

I'll be in Dallas in a couple weeks. Didn't really get to see much only other time I was there so I'm excited.

Edit: After reading that article, it appears I'm slated to go to the #2 steakhouse in Dallas. I can live with that!

Nah i just found the best ones on Yelp and random websites. Going on the company card so food and drinks will be covered. Also if theres a cool bar to catch the Okla/FSU game thatd be sick.

We can go to Ft. Worth too if there are things to check out, just don't know the area at all (never been to Texas).

I was going to come over here to post the obligatory Ft. Worth is better, but I see it's been done.

6th floor museum is cool (the conspiracy museum is fun, too - they'll walk you through dealey plaza).

The aquarium is pretty cool.

If you have time, head over to Ft. Worth and grab barbecue at Railhead or Angelos.

The cultural district is cool , especially the Modern Art museum of Ft. Worth.

Oh, need a good Dallas area BBQ rec. Also, where can you get beast texas chili?

Ft. Worth is not "better" but it is "different". It does have the better setup downtown with Sundance Square and the cool Cowtown shit, but Dallas has more options. Definitely do the 6th Floor Museum and visit all the conspiracy freaks out on Dealey Plaza.

Also if theres a cool bar to catch the Okla/FSU game thatd be sick.
Looks like the OU Club of Dallas will be having a watch party here. I'm not sure how well attended it will be. I know there are other OU bars in Dallas, but I tend to watch the games at home so I can cuss and throw shit freely if I have to.

well, it is a huge city and takes forever to get from one end to another. they also love their chain restaurants...like Clemmons or K-vegas.

do some research and see what is close to you. there is a steakhouse every block off Greenville Ave...that and strip clubs.

I can't think of any titty bars on Greenville Ave...there used to be the Million Dollar up by Park, but it has closed. Not too many steakhouses that I can think of there either, but there are some good places to eat on Lower Greenville.

Scope the babes on the Katy Trail and White Rock lake for outdoor stuff. Bob's is the best steak in Dallas, IMHO.

Uptown has lots of good bars/ restaurants.

I also echo what Thunderbolt said.

Lived off Greenville last year. I don't remember any titty bars either. I think you have to go like 20 mins to get to one.

I got a bunch of recommendations, but they'll depend on what you're looking for and how much $$ you have. Go to Teddy's for drinks if you're rich/a huge douche. Uptown has plenty of bars for the young professional types. Mi Cocina or Chuy's were my favorite TexMex places. There's really nothing to see in Dallas to be honest, especially if you're from or live in Boston.

Dallas proper actually doesn't have much great BBQ, to be honest. Kind of hard to believe but from my experience it's true. Pappas is a great choice, though. The one in Houston is my favorite steakhouse anywhere.

Dallas is pretty large. If you can be more specific about where you'll be staying and stuff we might be able to offer more guidance.

if you're there for more than a couple of days, you really should make the drive to Ft. Worth for a day grab Angelos/Railhead or the original Kinkaid's (hamburgers) for lunch, then hit up Joe T's for dinner.

When we went back out this past June, we made a b line for joe t's before even getting to the hotel.

If you visit a town the size of Dallas and eat at a fucking chain restaurant--any chain restaurant--you deserve to be kicked in the nuts.

Staying at the W right by American Airlines arena. Will have most of Friday to look around and then all day Saturday as well. Flying back first thing on Sunday.

Back