• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto out for the season with a torn patella (injury update thread)

This sucks. Feel sorry for him as he has to go through another tough rehab. Hopefully he comes back healthier and stronger.

Hate to see this. Rough couple of years injury wise

Man, I hate this for Damari so much. Fucking horrible luck. Hope he fully recovers. Patella injuries are rough.

awful for Damari. He was using that massaging gun on the sidelines for many games.

It feels like Monsanto has been at Wake for awhile, but he only played his first game for Wake about 13 months ago.

Damnit. Damari has worked so hard to get back to where he is now. I know he can do it again but I hate that this happened to him. I don't know much about the injury or recovery times (Google says 6-12 months but NBA returns for similar injuries had varied timelines and mixed results).

I was worried (and I think others were as well) that he might leave Wake after this season but now I feel much more confident he'll be on the team in 2023-2024. He knows Wake Forest is a place where he can rehab successfully and he'll have a great support system around him. Plus a great team to come back to.

Some kids just seem to be very injury-prone and Damari appears to be in that camp.

Anyone remember the huge Kentucky recruit we had back in the 80's/90's who basically never played a game due to constant injuries?

I dislocated my patella in college. Not a fun, nor easy injury to overcome. Luckily, he has some of the best orthopedic doctors at his disposal.

Consider it a blessing to have such a strong team behind you to help you rehab from this injury. You've got a bunch of people pulling for you to get well. Really hate that this happened.

When I explained it to my wife this morning, I related it to Golden State saying that Damari was our Klay Thompson, while Appleby is our Steph Curry. Our team's got some work to do without our Klay, but it's not an impossible task.

hate it for Damari

Don’t think I realized his first injury was at Wake — for some reason I thought it happened before the transfer and he was finishing his rehab at Wake last season

That’s the nail in the coffin for our NCAA hopes, hopefully we still make the NIT and our young guys get good experience from it

Awful luck for Damari - I hope he is ready for the start of next season

Back