• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

There is plenty of evidence that there is strife between Damari and his teammates. Isn't just going to do a 180 with his body language and lack of support like he has the last few games if he was in great standings with his teammates. His situation with Forbes is one thing, but I doubt he'd Let that trickle into his relationship with his teammates.
what is the evidence? his body language?

Even though Monsanto was not the same player this year, he is missed on offense because of the attention he draws from the opposing defense. Monsanto's man never leaves him which makes things easier for the others to get to the basket, specifically Sallis and even for Parker who gets more open looks from three when Damari is on the floor. There is a reason why the WF offense has greatly tailed off in the last 3 games. Monsanto not playing is part of the reason.

As for what is going on with him mentally, love the uninformed takes on here based on body language. Also, for those that whine about Les and others coverage of the Monsanto situation. Please watch the post-game press conferences. Forbes was specifically asked about Damari after VT (the first game Damari didn't play at all) and Forbes answered the question in detail. Forbes can't get into the details of Monsanto's injuries because of HIPAA.

This was an ok team to start the year - we needed Reid to be a good team and Monsanto to potentially be a great team.

Monsanto never happened and we lost almost half of Cam's offensive productivity to injury. Nobody in the Parker/Boopie/Keller/Marsh/Carr has really raised their game enough to consistently pick up the slack, especially when it comes to shooting/scoring on the road. It's not like the team doesn't know that, so regardless of the mysteries of Monsanto's body language and social media posts, the bottom line is he provides a skillset we're in desperate need of so shutting him down is a huge blow to everyone.

Les Johns a blowhard??? LMFAO... now I've heard it all

You must have missed his "insightful" three months defense of one of the worst Division I QBs to ever play in the ACC. Oh and that he would lock threads when folks expressed differing thoughts on the matter. I was banned for 24 hours for simply asking how I could cancel my subscription over there. I think you're thinking of another guy who goes by Les.

If it’s the knee, which I assume it is, it’s weird how Monsanto was 12/26 shooting in his first 5 games back, then completely lost it. He looked like old Monsanto shooting when he first returned.

I still maintain something happened to Monsanto's knee in the first half of the GT game in Atlanta

I have it on good authority that after the Duke win, Monsanto raided all the lockers and put every players jock straps into a large pile. He then poured hot sauce all over and stirred. While stirring he exclaimed "Aw, its like salad" then carefully replaced them. Inevitably this sowed seeds of discord on the team and caused the current 3 game skid.

You must have missed his "insightful" three months defense of one of the worst Division I QBs to ever play in the ACC. Oh and that he would lock threads when folks expressed differing thoughts on the matter. I was banned for 24 hours for simply asking how I could cancel my subscription over there. I think you're thinking of another guy who goes by Les.
hahahahaha that's some pretty thin-skinned ass shit right there

fucking pathetic, honestly

I have it on good authority that after the Duke win, Monsanto raided all the lockers and put every players jock straps into a large pile. He then poured hot sauce all over and stirred. While stirring he exclaimed "Aw, its like salad" then carefully replaced them. Inevitably this sowed seeds of discord on the team and caused the current 3 game skid.
What? The team doesn't like good ol' fashioned practical jokes?

This is the true definition of inside sauces.

anyone have some examples of the monsanto online (x, i guess) tantrum? i no longer have that shit

Monsanto played 137 minutes over 11 games for us.

Monsanto on - we allowed 74.2 points per 40 minutes
Monsanto off - we allowed 66.8 points per 40 minutes

That is an absolutely massive difference of 7.4 points per 40 for one player. It's the difference between being 48th on Defense and 240th per KP-- from basically the impact of Monsanto replacing Carr. (Yes PF being out there for some of his minutes likely had an impact as well). But still. Yikes.

Now the kicker: we were a +23 in those minutes with Monsanto on the floor. (And have been -11 in Marion's limited minutes since Monsanto came back.) To Pilchard's point, the offense is completely different when he's out there -- even when he's not hitting shots. And we've seen the downside of not having him out there.

That is an absolutely massive difference of 7.4 points per 40 for one player. It's the difference between being 48th on Defense and 240th per KP-- from basically the impact of Monsanto replacing Carr. (Yes PF being out there for some of his minutes likely had an impact as well). But still. Yikes.

Now the kicker: we were a +23 in those minutes with Monsanto on the floor. (And have been -11 in Marion's limited minutes since Monsanto came back.) To Pilchard's point, the offense is completely different when he's out there -- even when he's not hitting shots. And we've seen the downside of not having him out there.
Yeah, so another Deacon FB or BB season starting to feel like: "can't wait until this mess is over" whereas a few days ago was like "We Are Back!"

I still maintain something happened to Monsanto's knee in the first half of the GT game in Atlanta
I agree. I saw him go up for a shot . He landed funny and winced. Not sure what game it was. But he has struggled getting any lift since that happened.

FWIW, I think posts/threads (the direction it has gone, not the original thought behind it) like these are in poor taste. We have no idea what Monsanto, or anyone else on the team, is going through. And calling him out for the team's failings is just dumb.

Good split breakdown

How Forbes ever said anything about why he refuses to go zone or throw out junk defenses at least sporadically? It seems like we are always in man-to-man, no matter what. Maybe I've just missed them switching up defenses, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

FWIW, I think posts/threads (the direction it has gone, not the original thought behind it) like these are in poor taste. We have no idea what Monsanto, or anyone else on the team, is going through. And calling him out for the team's failings is just dumb.
Well said. This could all be as simple as another injury.

Back