• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

And if any of that were remotely true Forbes would have spoken about it very differently. There's major I quit vibes from damari the last few games. And it culminated with yesterday.

I love ya'll all. And I love damari. Just having a hard time with twisting myself into a pretzel to make this look ok. When the details we do know don't jive with that.

I promise to leave it alone.

And if any of that were remotely true Forbes would have spoken about it very differently. There's major I quit vibes from damari the last few games. And it culminated with yesterday.

I love ya'll all. And I love damari. Just having a hard time with twisting myself into a pretzel to make this look ok. When the details we do know don't jive with that.

I promise to leave it alone.
You may be right. I just choose to not speculate or judge it until I know something. I don’t like how it looks…but that doesn’t necessarily mean Damari is doing something wrong, IMO

You may be right. I just choose to not speculate or judge it until I know something. I don’t like how it looks…but that doesn’t necessarily mean Damari is doing something wrong, IMO

That's totally fair

It's OK to be sympathetic to whatever Damari is going through, and also think he could have handled yesterday better.

Does anyone know if he had family in the stands for senior day?

Hopefully this has a happy ending where he is at least on the sidelines for the finish to the season, even if he doesnt dress out. I'd hope Forbes would always keep that door open.

One of the most brain dead posts I've seen on this board in ages

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Whatever kitten

If he's having a hard time -park it at home. If not. Sit on the bench and be a teammate. Major I quit vibes in the last week from him. And it's clear Forbes is fed up with it. I'll trust his take.

“I mean, he hasn’t practiced in two weeks now...It’s when we got back from Notre Dame. It’s gonna be hard for him to play if he can’t practice. ..
you and DC are both being ridiculous for not giving any consideration as to why Monsanto isn’t practicing. I’m aware that he didn’t make a public announcement saying that he’s injured, but the kid doesn’t play for Forbes 4 years, follow him to another school, and suddenly refuse to practice without a reason at the end of his last season. He’s been with the team the entire time, he didn’t go on a freaking 2-week vacation. So why would he be with the team, clearly eligible, but not practicing?

Bonus point: all I fucking said was that Forbes didn’t need to imply with his statement that Monsanto could practice, because all that’s done is given fans such as yourselves ammo to pile on and blame him for our recent losses.

edited to remove the ad hominems, they weren’t deserved.

Last edited:
It’s a pretty bad look for the school to publicly promote him as a senior day honoree then just no show the event. It’s okay to be sympathetic to his situation and also think he should show a little more maturity.

I still have serious questions about Forbes ability to coach fundamentals, discipline strategies etc that are necessary to win at this level. However, I also believe one of his greatest strengths is his ability to relate to and motivate players. I don’t believe he would do anything to make an already bad situation worse…especially for Damari.

Damari has gone through an incredible amount of hardship and tragedy since arriving at WF. No one knows how they would react to this type of adversity. He needs our prayers for health and peace.

There is no right or wrong here and trying to assign blame to one side or the other is just wrong.

Let’s pray for Damari and get behind our Deacs to go to DC and win the the whole fucking thing! Let’s go!

It’s a pretty bad look for the school to publicly promote him as a senior day honoree then just no show the event. It’s okay to be sympathetic to his situation and also think he should show a little more maturity.
I will admit my view is colored by the fact that I’m a public education lawyer and especially post-Covid half my job is dealing with students who are hurting others or hurting themselves due to mental health issues. As a general rule, it is very mature to recognize that you cannot safely participate in an event. Safely can mean many different things. See: Simone Biles for a very public example. Judging whether or not we do things by how it looks for the school is a bad look for Wake, not for Damari and I’m glad Wake didn’t force him to participate.

Could we all agree that the program currently could do without distraction(s)?

Time may tell if the parties involved have done their best to mitigate 'damages' of any kind.

I will admit my view is colored by the fact that I’m a public education lawyer and especially post-Covid half my job is dealing with students who are hurting others or hurting themselves due to mental health issues. As a general rule, it is very mature to recognize that you cannot safely participate in an event. Safely can mean many different things. See: Simone Biles for a very public example. Judging whether or not we do things by how it looks for the school is a bad look for Wake, not for Damari and I’m glad Wake didn’t force him to participate.

I don’t think we should have forced him to participate. All for him deciding not to be a part of it and stepping away from the team if needed. But that’s not how it was handled for whatever reason. Also clear that the relationship between him and Forbes has been damaged. Anyways it’s pretty much irrelevant at this point. Unfortunate the way his time here played out.

Are any of the people criticizing Damari using Forbes words as justification for that criticism?

I think if you have a definite opinion as to who is in the blame here (Forbes or Monsanto), you’re making too many assumptions. It’s reasonably possible that Monsanto is acting immaturely, that Forbes took way too hardline of a stance with Monsanto, or a lot of options in between those two.

The worst part is that this situation has coincided with the three losses that have put Wake in rough shape. It’s hard to believe that bad vibes from this situation had no effect on those losses, and if anybody has acted inappropriately to cause Monsanto’s situation then it’s absolutely fair to place some blame for Wake’s implosion on them.

Back