• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Bitch Slaps Buzz

No one blames it on the coaches exclusively and almost no one blames it on the players exclusively. There's a continuum.

You can't watch this team and think that's it's well coached.

Yes, Steve Donahue has had 3 wins at BC and 2 single digit losses. In a couple of their double digit losses, than games have been close late.

Their worst loss was 23 points at UNC.

No, their fans would fully agree that their worst loss was to WAKE *$&%^$*$* FOREST at home.

true. I should have clarified largest margin of defeat in conference.

I am officially Buzz and several of our players out. Inexcusable. Lazy. Weak. Trying hard in spurts for 31+/- minutes doesn't cut it. Ought to know that by now. And we don't, and apparently there is no penalty for guys who don't play hard while they are in the game. The lack of toughness and work ethic for 40 minutes for just 30 games a year is on Jeff [Redacted], the staff and about half of our players.

It is time to clean house, period. I tried to get behind the Dino hiring, and understood given the circumstances. I got behind this hiring and thought it might work, but I'm done. Jeff [Redacted] is good X's and O's coach and basketball mind, but it takes more than that in this league and this day and age. We are so soft in every aspect, and it is just unacceptable. We need to move on. I am completely fine with Chill taking over w/ no HC experience. We are the biggest group of collective pansies I've ever seen, frankly. Chill can fix that. And that is what needs fixing the most. Im sure there are others who can do that, too, and we ought to look at others, but I am completely over the Dino/Buzz era. FTS.

Bz might be a "coach's coach" (game planning), but he sure doesn't seem to be much of a "player's coach" (teaching).

You should see Dan's blog. He is speechless and has an official "venting" post.

Dan:

If the whole is greater than the sum of the parts is called synergy, that what is the whole is less than the sum of the parts?

Based on what I’ve seen lately, it’s Wake Forest.

From Dan:

If the whole is greater than the sum of the parts is called synergy, that what is the whole is less than the sum of the parts?

Based on what I’ve seen lately, it’s Wake Forest.

And when the sum of the parts is as modest as it is these days at Wake, then what you get is a loss at Virginia by only 24 only because the coach of the other team pulled his starters midway through the second half and a 20-point home loss to Clemson, a team that hadn’t beaten Wake in Joel Coliseum since 1990, before Dave Odom got the program back up and running. Last time the Tigers won in Joel Coliseum, George Bush was in his second year as president. The first George Bush.

Back