• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins: How Many More No-Shows to Go?

At this point it's all gravy. Just another brick in the wall, nail in the coffin. Insert appropriate metaphor of your choice.

"We’ve shown signs,'' Thomas said. "When everyone’s bought in, and everyone trusts each other, we’ve shown signs of greatness, of the team being back to what you guys’, the media guys’ expectations are.

The kid seriously has no idea how far from being great this team really is...after playing Duke, Cuse, and UNC, you'd think he'd realize just how far away from greatness they really are. At NO point in this season has this team been back to what any reasonable person would expect of a team that has been to the post-season 18 out of 20 years pre-Buzz and was somewhere in the top 15-20 for top 25's and top 10 rankings for the previous decade as well (can't find the site to confirm exactly right now).

Last edited:
Devin also needs to understand that the recruiting is killing us. If you recruit the right players, you don't have to make these excuses for coach.

The kid seriously has no idea how far from being great this team really is...after playing Duke, Cuse, and UNC, you'd think he'd realize just how far away from greatness they really are. At NO point in this season has this team been back to what any reasonable person would expect of a team that has been to the post-season 18 out of 20 years pre-Buzz and was somewhere in the top 15-20 for top 25's and top 10 rankings for the previous decade as well (can't find the site to confirm exactly right now).
Yep. He needs to realize not all of his teammates are ACC-caliber players. The more 2016 players transferring, the better. Give the new coach as many scholarships as possible.

" (BC scored on) twenty-five of their 30 possessions in the second half. That’s some stuff you see in a high school girls’ game. That’s why we got beat.''

Alright, I like Thomas again. I honestly haven't watched us enough this season to tell which 3 or 4 guys they are referencing.

1. Thomas
2. Williams
3. ?
4. ?

Thoughts

Last edited:
Well this is pretty much a full meltdown for the team. 3-4 players are playing and blaming those that are not, short of players quitting right now not sure how much worse it can get.

" (BC scored on) twenty-five of their 30 possessions in the second half. That’s some stuff you see in a high school girls’ game. That’s why we got beat.''

Alright, I like Thomas again. I honestly haven't watched us enough this season to tell who the 3 or 4 guys they are referencing.

1. Thomas
2. Williams
3. ?
4. ?

Thoughts

Moto?

It's not effort. We don't have enough tall , athletic players who can play above and guard the rim . And we have only one good shooter- a fifth year transfer . That's why we keep losing . Bzz. Recruited everyone but Travis, and he has gotten worse the last 2 years. Two and three star recruits aren't going to win in the ACC.

Cav plays hard. He just doesn't have nearly enough strength and athleticism to bang down in the post.

Alright, I like Thomas again. I honestly haven't watched us enough this season to tell who the 3 or 4 guys they are referencing.

1. Thomas
2. Williams
3. ?
4. ?

Thoughts
3. Cavanagh half the time and Moto half the time
4. CMM first 20 games

Codi checked out after the GT game. Either that or he forgot how to play. He could never shoot well but now he can't throw it in the ocean from the beach .

I don't expect anything approaching good judgement or even a basic understanding of reality from any of the current basketball players. They are the ones who willingly committed to play for Jeff [Redacted]. Let that sink in for a minute... they chose to spend what could be the best four years of their lives under the leadership of Jeff [Redacted]. They met the man, presumably spent a good amount of time with him, and still chose to play for him. Bearing that in mind, I don't expect any of them to have any idea of what any reasonable person expects of just about anything. They mostly seem like good kids, but their judgement is sorely lacking. They CHOSE Jeff [Redacted]- WILLINGLY

Devin is still very young and consequently extremely impressionable. He is a fighter and wants to win. He still has a positive innocence to him because of that youth and attitude that makes it really tough for him to see the big picture.

He has spent a lot of time around [Redacted] the last two years. And a lot of the way he thinks about and sees basketball is going to be heavily influenced by [Redacted]. It's not surprising at all when Devin says things like "we are winners", "we don't respect them" and "we are a good team, but x, y and z excuses are preventing that". So many like things have come out of Bzdeliks mouth in similar words. He is just reflecting what he has been taught by one of the most prominent adults in his life.

A huge part of sports is the "culture" of winning. It's an attitude and a learned behavior. It's a process. Some people just know how to win, it's in their athletic DNA. Problem is that [Redacted] is a loser. He is an enormous loser. And that "culture" of losing is all over our program now. And it definitely affects the players.

This next hire is huge. Because he will have the task of reprogramming the culture to one of winning. And it will be a process with the current players because so much of it is mental dealing with attitude, responsibility and expectations...not just X's and O's and basketball fundamentals.

I guess Devin doesn't remember the following lines:

-Tennessee:
3 points (1/5 FG), 3 rebounds, 2 turnovers, and 5 fouls in 20 minutes

-UVA
2 points (0/2 FG), 3 rebounds, 4 turnovers, and 3 fouls in 19 minutes

-FSU
2 points (1/4 FG), 3 rebounds, 2 turnovers, and 4 fouls in 23 minutes

I don't expect anything approaching good judgement or even a basic understanding of reality from any of the current basketball players. They are the ones who willingly committed to play for Jeff [Redacted]. Let that sink in for a minute... they chose to spend what could be the best four years of their lives under the leadership of Jeff [Redacted]. They met the man, presumably spent a good amount of time with him, and still chose to play for him. Bearing that in mind, I don't expect any of them to have any idea of what any reasonable person expects of just about anything. They mostly seem like good kids, but their judgement is sorely lacking. They CHOSE Jeff [Redacted]- WILLINGLY

Well, I'd like to think they chose to play play for Wake Forest (i.e. get a good education) and in the ACC as well.

Well, I'd like to think they chose to play play for Wake Forest (i.e. get a good education) and in the ACC as well.

I'd like to as well, but it seems like they didn't come here despite Jeff [Redacted]. They came because of Jeff [Redacted].

Even if they wanted to come to Wake Forest and play in the ACC but hated Jeff [Redacted], the fact that they still came to Wake with him as Head Coach cast serious doubt on their judgement.

So did Ron Wellman...

Back