• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins silence is deafening

When the first e mail/letter hit our newsroom about 2 weeks ago, I was asked if I knew anything about it. Was glad to be totally in the dark, and didn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

My guess is that Dan helped the news department try to reach Gary and Jeff, and left it at that. Sports guys like to leave news to the news dept.

There is no upside for Dan to make any statement about the Today Show issue. He can only lose.

If he comes out on the side of the players, women say he doesn't care about them.

If he says something about players taking responsibility, he loses access and trust.

People saying he should do something have no idea what his job is.

fuck that. he should completely fuck himself over so we can read a blog entry of his that just restates all the facts we already have. his job be damned, we want more to read

I do understand why he hasn't had a real blog about the Today fiasco, but I do not understand why he hasn't had one about the Pope/Corbean switch.

Fair point. See the thread...now with links posted.

--------------

I think Dan's posting the Eddie Murphy link wrt how he feels being encouraged to offer his take on this topic is hilarious.

Back