• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green

berneses

Reaction score
Noticed he wasn't on the bench last night. Sick, transferring, or went home for Christmas since he is redshirting this year? Odd that a player on the team would not be on the bench.

I hope he medical hardships. Helps spread ou the schollies.

We would have six schollies coming back when the rountree class graduates. Also now wish Washington had redshirted last year

I get needing to spread out scholarships, but are either of those guys going to contribute enough to make it worthwhile? Now that Buzz has given up on trying to play the whole bench, I bet this class will thin out from a transfer or two anyway.

I get needing to spread out scholarships, but are either of those guys going to contribute enough to make it worthwhile? Now that Buzz has given up on trying to play the whole bench, I bet this class will thin out from a transfer or two anyway.

I can agree with this. Also I would like to see a percentage of 7+ man recruiting classes in which each recruit stays all 4/5 years.

I would agree too but all are playing except green who is hurt. Madison has played more minutes both years than expected. Moto is struggling to be a complete but he's a good student I believe. I wouldn't be shocked to see them all stay 4 years

I would agree too but all are playing except green who is hurt. Madison has played more minutes both years than expected. Moto is struggling to be a complete but he's a good student I believe. I wouldn't be shocked to see them all stay 4 years

All have been playing, but the rotation is tightening up a lot (see last nights' game?). We've established who our best players are. I think minutes for the rest will go way down now that we are actually playing teams with better than 300 talent.

BonniesAVGDifference
Devin3026.23.8
Travis33285
Cav3221.610.4
CMM3632.93.1
Coron2724.82.2
Madison2023.3-3.3
Washington89.7-1.7
Rountree411.1-7.1
Moto1014.5-4.5
Overton09.6-9.6

nice chart. is there one that shows how many minutes each spent "captaining?"

I would imagine that Cav and Devin's minutes will flucuate based on foul trouble - meaning Washington, Moto, & Rountree's minutes will as well.

Our sophomore class played 142 of the 200 minutes. I think the only surprise is Rountree. I haven't watched the game yet except for a few minutes (fucking 4 year olds and their parenting needs), but was there a good matchup for Rountree? A guy guying off at 2 or 3 who needed to be stopped? I think Rountree's minutes may fluctuate depending on our defensive needs during the ACC season.

I hope Madison's minutes don't drop past 20 mins a game. He creates well, guys just need to start hitting the shots he creates for his production to be seen in the stat line. Defense is solid. Just needs to make smarter passes. Will come with even more experience.

Figuring out matchups is one of the most difficult game coachings skills. Coach is thinking: "is there a mismatch I can create on the offensive end that favors my team that doesn't also create a big mismatch on defense that favors the other team?" Sometimes that happens when a team has somebody (or several somebodies) who are all around more talented than the guy who plays on the other team. Other times, a guy has one or two skills that are better than his counterpart on the other team, but has lesser skill in other parts of the game. Better on - ball defender? Better help defender? Better 3 pt shooter? Better driver/slasher? Better rebounder? Figuring out the pluses and minuses on your players vs the other team is what coaches get paid for. Doing it (along with bringing in talent) better than other coaches gets you paid better because you win more.

Our sophomore class played 142 of the 200 minutes. I think the only surprise is Rountree. I haven't watched the game yet except for a few minutes (fucking 4 year olds and their parenting needs), but was there a good matchup for Rountree? A guy guying off at 2 or 3 who needed to be stopped? I think Rountree's minutes may fluctuate depending on our defensive needs during the ACC season.

It wasn't a matchup thing. Tree just didn't get any better and we have better players (or, in the case of Bill, a guy who can physically play swing between post and perimeter).

Can Daniel get another injury waiver, though?

I think he can. He initially redshirted due to injury not to extend the scholly, so he could apply for a medical extension.

With McClinton and Bill on the team and Tree's lack of development, Tree seems like the prime candidate to transfer. At the same time, however, he probably loves Wake the most out of the 2016ers, so I don't see him going anywhere, even if he really never does play much.

I hope Madison's minutes don't drop past 20 mins a game. He creates well, guys just need to start hitting the shots he creates for his production to be seen in the stat line. Defense is solid. Just needs to make smarter passes. Will come with even more experience.

10 assists and 12 turnovers in his past 3 games. Has not hit a shot from the field. 2 for 4 from the line. Not playing as well as he did at the start of the season.

With McClinton and Bill on the team and Tree's lack of development, Tree seems like the prime candidate to transfer. At the same time, however, he probably loves Wake the most out of the 2016ers, so I don't see him going anywhere, even if he really never does play much.
I'm not ready to give up on Rountree. He's been a major disappointment this year, but he's so athletic that I don't think its crazy to hope he develops as a junior or senior.

Back