• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green

Another point I'll make about Tree is that he has the 2nd best +/- per minute ratio everyone on the team except Coron Williams. I should add that these numbers do not reflect the Kansas game because I could not find reliable +/- data for that game. I know +/- data has its flaws and that lineup +/- data is better, but I did not have that available.

With regards to +/- data, Madison Jones and Miles Overton are simply atrocious. Jones has played 222 minutes this season (not including Kansas) and is just +15. As a team we are +129. Miles Overton has played 93 minutes and is just +1.

Good info. +/- is very sample size sensitive (takes large samples to derive meaning) but there is probably a little something to be taken from the above numbers. The good thing about Tree is that he doesn't try to be something he is not. He knows he's not good at scoring but he keeps his usage extremely low. Bz just needs to find good lineups to play Tree so he is not out there with like Madison/Moto at the same time in a lineup that is too weak offensively.

Also, Tree needs to talk to Bill Moto about decreasing usage/increasing efficiency on the offensive end of the court!

You tell a player he will likely never play more than scrub minutes and let him make the decision.

The kid I wish we had is Desmond Hubert. He's a junior I think and would have played a lot of minutes at Wake. And his scholly would have worked much better now that Green is a redshirt soph.

The funny thing to me is you numbnuts would go / will go apeshit if Bzd runs off Green or whomever just as you did when you went back and found he did something similar at Colorado and went apeshit about that. You can't have your cock and fuck yourself up the ass with it.

You tell a player he will likely never play more than scrub minutes and let him make the decision.

The kid I wish we had is Desmond Hubert. He's a junior I think and would have played a lot of minutes at Wake. And his scholly would have worked much better now that Green is a redshirt soph.

The funny thing to me is you numbnuts would go / will go apeshit if Bzd runs off Green or whomever just as you did when you went back and found he did something similar at Colorado and went apeshit about that. You can't have your cock and fuck yourself up the ass with it.

Edging them towards the door = You tell a player he will likely never play more than scrub minutes and let him make the decision.

I don't think there is anything wrong with giving Daniel Green 4 years at Wake and encouraging him to get his bachelor's and start his graduate work and use his remaining two years of eligibility elsewhere.

It's very cynical to call four years and a pathway to a free Master's degree "running off" Green.

Edging them towards the door = You tell a player he will likely never play more than scrub minutes and let him make the decision.

Exactly. It's no secret that Green's game is probably a better match with a mid-major anyway. Better for him and us. Sure, if he hadn't been injured, he'd have gotten tons of minutes on our shitty teams the last few years, but he's not enough of a talent to be a key player 1-2 years from now once a new coach has recruited over him.

I'm looking forward to when he gets back. I know he will improve on his 1 pt. per game avg.

I don't think there is anything wrong with giving Daniel Green 4 years at Wake and encouraging him to get his bachelor's and start his graduate work and use his remaining two years of eligibility elsewhere.

It's very cynical to call four years and a pathway to a free Master's degree "running off" Green.
This. I don't see anyone suggesting "running off" DG; I see people suggesting that IF 4 years have elapsed and he still isn't a part of our staff's plans in any appreciable way, he be encouraged to pursue his final year of eligibility at another school (assume he'd even want to).

And you also have one suggesting we find a way to get him a sixth year.

I just realized that Daniel Green has the same name as Danny Green of UNC/Spurs.

Carry on.

Let's just see how he does next year. If he looks pretty decent, great. If not, he can decide to transfer on his own, I'm sure.

I just realized that Daniel Green has the same name as Danny Green of UNC/Spurs.

Carry on.

image.php

Another point I'll make about Tree is that he has the 2nd best +/- per minute ratio everyone on the team except Coron Williams. I should add that these numbers do not reflect the Kansas game because I could not find reliable +/- data for that game. I know +/- data has its flaws and that lineup +/- data is better, but I did not have that available.

With regards to +/- data, Madison Jones and Miles Overton are simply atrocious. Jones has played 222 minutes this season (not including Kansas) and is just +15. As a team we are +129. Miles Overton has played 93 minutes and is just +1.

Just a hunch but I wonder if that stems in part from them spending more time on the floor without Codi than anyone else on our team.

So Green would start if he were healthy, and Greg would be a starter if he were healthy. Whom do they replace?

Can't wait for the "BUT WE WERE MISSING TWO STARTERS!!!!" narrative once ACC play gets in full swing.

Back