• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green

So Green would start if he were healthy, and Greg would be a starter if he were healthy. Whom do they replace?

Can't wait for the "BUT WE WERE MISSING TWO STARTERS!!!!" narrative once ACC play gets in full swing.

Devin and Codi, obvi.

Nobody other than the coaches (not even sure about them) has seen enough of Green to know. My impressions of his limited minutes are as an athletic but slight big guy. He is very athletic for a guy his height and I remember him being quick to the ball but frequently lost or out of position. If he has added bulk & strength and is more confident on the court, then who knows. He comes from a military family, I am hoping for tough, hard nosed and disciplined.

By the way, Miles Overton is going to be good. He is still finding his way, but he is fundamentally sound, has a high bball iq, and is really enthusiastic on the court and the bench. Pay attention to him on the bench and during the breaks. He is very active and verbal. He has a lot of fun like Tree. He has really good passing skills, instincts and vision. His shot looks good. It will come around.

Nobody other than the coaches (not even sure about them) has seen enough of Green to know. My impressions of his limited minutes are as an athletic but slight big guy. He is very athletic for a guy his height and I remember him being quick to the ball but frequently lost or out of position. If he has added bulk & strength and is more confident on the court, then who knows. He comes from a military family, I am hoping for tough, hard nosed and disciplined.

By the way, Miles Overton is going to be good. He is still finding his way, but he is fundamentally sound, has a high bball iq, and is really enthusiastic on the court and the bench. Pay attention to him on the bench and during the breaks. He is very active and verbal. He has a lot of fun like Tree. He has really good passing skills, instincts and vision. His shot looks good. It will come around.

Hope you are right. He certainly isn't shy about shooting the ball.

So are the walk ons on teams. It doesn't translate to top level basketball ability.

I'm not saying anything about Overton, because, quite frankly, I've only watched about 3 minutes of games this year so I have no opinion on him. It is just that tripe like the bolded above being used to predict that a player will become a good ACC player is just insulting to anyone's intelligence.

"He has fun and supports his teammates! This clearly means he is going to become a good basketball player!" Just say it out loud. Your other observations didn't need a line like that thrown in to make your argument stronger, in fact, IMO, that throw away line made me take your opinion far less seriously on the matter.

26.5% FG% vs. the 17th worst schedule in all of Division 1? I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm trying to figure out why a thread about a player we haven't seen play in over a season is blowing up right now.

Remember when Peyton Manning was injured for a season?

The best hope Overton has of being a good player is if he works extremely hard and becomes a great 3 point shooter. This is a fact. His stroke looks fine mechanically so there's a chance.

He isn't athletic enough to be a game changer on defense. I don't think he is ever going to be skilled/quick/good enough to be a primary creator in the ACC.

The best hope Overton has of being a good player is if he works extremely hard and becomes a great 3 point shooter. This is a fact. His stroke looks fine mechanically so there's a chance.

He isn't athletic enough to be a game changer on defense. I don't think he is ever going to be skilled/quick/good enough to be a primary creator in the ACC.

Good analysis. Strange thing, Moto's stroke looks good too, but...

He needs to get in better shape. I like his general court awareness and he isn't shy about pulling the trigger which is fine if you can make a few.

He needs to get in better shape. I like his general court awareness and he isn't shy about pulling the trigger which is fine if you can make a few.

I definitely think he fashions himself as a "scorer" that can fill it up for a team. Problem is, I don't see him having the skill and quickness and talent to be an efficient scorer as a slasher/creator type. You can tell this from the quality of shots he is able to get for himself when he attempts to make a play.

A tangentially related comment: this year's team is 1 serviceable guard/wing short. There's basically no one to put in when CMM/Coron/Travis come out that gives us much. Madison playing way too many minutes. Need 1 Harvey Hale/Gary Clark level player haha.

Seriously?

I think his point is the technical form on the jumper looks decent yet it still creates horrifying results. I posted this in another thread, but Moto went 9 for 40 in first 6 games and 14 for 22 last 6 games playing the same number of minutes. Although he did take and miss 2 jumpers against UNCG, he really has improved his decision making.

And of course he is an elite rebounding freak (14 boards per 40 minutes, 15% OR, 21% DR this year) so he doesn't have to score much to be a very very valuable player.

A tangentially related comment: this year's team is 1 serviceable guard/wing short. There's basically no one to put in when CMM/Coron/Travis come out that gives us much. Madison playing way too many minutes. Need 1 Harvey Hale/Gary Clark level player haha.

Jon Severe would have been a huge get.

Jon Severe would have been a huge get.

His skillset overlaps with CMM's quite a bit (and it would appear that CMM is better), but if we're talking about Severe vs. Overton, or Severe vs. Rondale, then it's not even a question. Dude is BALLING at Fordham for a frosh.

Averaging 20 ppg, 3.5 assists. Shooting 79% from the line and 39% behind the arc.

Averaging 20 ppg, 3.5 assists. Shooting 79% from the line and 39% behind the arc.
He's shooting 35.1% from the field. He went 1-21 against St. John's. Dude seems like the ultimate chucker.

Kenny Beck ‏@kennybeckWXII 2m
"Chances are, you might not see either one of them this year."

-WFU's Jeff [Redacted], referring to Greg McClinton & Daniel Green

Back