• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green

Agree, Madison is struggling right now, even having trouble dribbling, hopefully he will get his swagger back.

If 'Tree can just crank his speed back a bit and think a little more, I believe he can be a contributor. A major part of his game is reacting quickly; but the college game is more complicated and requires more than reaction and instinct.

I'm not ready to give up on Rountree. He's been a major disappointment this year, but he's so athletic that I don't think its crazy to hope he develops as a junior or senior.

Tree is not athletic. He is just very long. But he has very little bounce and isn't particularly quick for his weight. Long arms and active though.

Tree can contribute more with a better shot, his hustle and work ethic get him PT now.

This isn't like asking Cav to start hitting some shots when you know he's got the stroke to do it. Tree will never be a shooter. Just look at his shot! And I agree that he's not particularly athletic. Quick hands, long arms, and hustle can get you a few minutes to disrupt the other team. Not much beyond that.

Tree is not athletic. He is just very long. But he has very little bounce and isn't particularly quick for his weight. Long arms and active though.

He had one follow attempt on Tuesday when his head almost hit the rim.

Last edited:
He had one follow attempt on Tuesday when hit head almost hit the rim.

If tree was athletic at his length he would look like hakim warrick out there. Tree is like levy. Neither are/were explosive at all, but people assume they are because they are 6'9" and have a 7'0" wingspan.

I am not dissing tree. Just trying to be realistic. If you ranked our players on sheer athleticism he would be middle of the road.

Tree has surprised me with his vertical this season. He has really gotten above everyone else on a few tip dunk chances this season. Think you are underestimating him a little in that area due to his general awkwardness.

Another point I'll make about Tree is that he has the 2nd best +/- per minute ratio everyone on the team except Coron Williams. I should add that these numbers do not reflect the Kansas game because I could not find reliable +/- data for that game. I know +/- data has its flaws and that lineup +/- data is better, but I did not have that available.

With regards to +/- data, Madison Jones and Miles Overton are simply atrocious. Jones has played 222 minutes this season (not including Kansas) and is just +15. As a team we are +129. Miles Overton has played 93 minutes and is just +1.

Medical hardship? Shouldn't we be trying to show him the door?

harsh but true. We have a talent shortage and a scholarship crunch so we absolutely need to show a couple of people the door. Green has been here for 3 years and has done absolutely nothing (terrible luck combined with questionable ability).

Medical hardship? Shouldn't we be trying to show him the door?

I think he could offer some value especially with the need for another big now. If he gets a sixth year, he'll actually be a year behind the current sophomores.

More value than a scholarship for a new coach? Doubtful.

I think he could offer some value especially with the need for another big now. If he gets a sixth year, he'll actually be a year behind the current sophomores.

If he can't come back and play next year he should be able to graduate in the spring of 2015, then I think you encourage him to move on.
If he can contribute next year and offer positive minutes, then i think you keep him around.

harsh but true. We have a talent shortage and a scholarship crunch so we absolutely need to show a couple of people the door. Green has been here for 3 years and has done absolutely nothing (terrible luck combined with questionable ability).

Are you fucking out of your mind? What do you think this is? One on One with Robbie Benson? You start showing people the door and good luck with recruiting.

Sorry, but people are so fucking short-sighted it just drives me crazy. We're starting 4 sophs and have two seniors graduating next year. We have two 4-stars coming in next year (including McClinton). Talent-wise, we're fine for the next two years. Or better put, we have the talent to make the NCAAs and possibly make a run. We have that talent. The question is do we have that coach. But for fuck's sake don't run anybody off. Outside of a frosh shooting guard, all our scholly players are producing.

Okay drama queen. Bring him back for next year and see if he gives us anything. Once we have given him four years I think we've fulfilled our commitment.

Are you fucking out of your mind? What do you think this is? One on One with Robbie Benson? You start showing people the door and good luck with recruiting.

Sorry, but people are so fucking short-sighted it just drives me crazy. We're starting 4 sophs and have two seniors graduating next year. We have two 4-stars coming in next year (including McClinton). Talent-wise, we're fine for the next two years. Or better put, we have the talent to make the NCAAs and possibly make a run. We have that talent. The question is do we have that coach. But for fuck's sake don't run anybody off. Outside of a frosh shooting guard, all our scholly players are producing.

You cannot be serious. Wake plays big boy basketball against big boy programs and if you think other programs out there don't
push players out the door then you are a total pollyanna. If you think our talent level is fine then I don't know what to say other than watch some of our games and then watch some teams in the top 25- And as far as short sighted....7 or possibly 8 schollies tied up in one class is the very definition of short sighted. It is thinking like this that drives me crazy.

How many players have transferred out under Bz? I'm sure we didn't encourage any of them to look around.

Back