• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green

Kenny Beck ‏@kennybeckWXII 2m
"Chances are, you might not see either one of them this year."

-WFU's Jeff [Redacted], referring to Greg McClinton & Daniel Green
How much longer do we have to see you, Jeff?

Well if this doesn't settle it, I don't know what will - there's no way Wellman can fire Jeff after this season, regardless of the team's record. Without a potential All-American in Green* and a likely starter in McClinton*, I don't know how anyone could expect Jeff to succeed**.

* I wish nothing but the best for Green and McClinton disclaimer.
** Sarcasm disclaimer. Bzz can't be fired/resign soon enough.

Green is 100% not returning. McClinton still sounds way less than 50/50 to me.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_2026e9f4-6a54-11e3-951e-001a4bcf6878.html
No Reinforcements in Sight

Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:25 am

Daniel Green, Wake's 6-10 redshirt sophomore, is back home in Colleyville, Tx, continuing his rehab there.

Coach Jeff [Redacted] agreed Friday that "it's safe to say,'' Green won't play this season after the rehabilitation from a first knee surgery was interrupted by the need for a second. He'll be back in school come the spring semester, but won't be back on the court until next season at the earliest.

[Redacted] said in preseason he thought Greg McClinton, a 6-7 freshman from Winston-Salem, would be ready to go by Christmas, but that's not the case. McClinton hasn't made it all the way back from knee surgery performed last winter. He's doing what he can in practice, wearing a brace, but he has yet to be cleared for any of the rough and tumble stuff.

That sucks for Daniel. Can he get a medical redshirt for two seasons? Meaning will he have three seasons of eligibility left?

He could, but WF won't know whether it will be granted until next season at the earliest. The NCAA drags this stuff out.

Has Green shown us anything that we want to tie up his scholarship for six years?

Has Green shown us anything that we want to tie up his scholarship for six years?

Good point. I was just curious about his eligibility. I suspect he'll be academically ready to graduate long before his eligibility runs out anyway.

A sixth year for Daniel to use his fourth year of playing time won't really come into play until he is in his fifth year, and only playing his third season. How well the knee responds, and whether he can even play in 2014 - 2015 will greatly impact whether an additional year is warranted. Otherwise he may simply graduate from Wake.

He also could graduate from Wake in the spring of 2015 and go elsewhere to play. With cooperation from Wake, a new school could have a Coron type situation (graduate student, eligible immediately), only with the possibility of two years of eligibility instead of just one.

There was never any chance that DGreen was going to play this year. After the second surgery, the rehab was scheduled to take him into March. I was quite surprised at the way the program communicated this situation. He had a second full-blown procedure and Bz described it as a "set-back." They kept alluding to the possibility that he might play this year when there was no way that was going to happen. They knowingly misled folks for no clear reason. Curious at best.

There was never any chance that DGreen was going to play this year. After the second surgery, the rehab was scheduled to take him into March. I was quite surprised at the way the program communicated this situation. He had a second full-blown procedure and Bz described it as a "set-back." They kept alluding to the possibility that he might play this year when there was no way that was going to happen. They knowingly misled folks for no clear reason. Curious at best.

Hannibal bzdelick didn't want to tip his hand to Boeheim, K, Pitino, Roy, etc.

Yeah, when I saw the open practice in October it didn't seem like there was any chance he'd be playing ACC basketball this season. Greg moved pretty well considering, but I think the best long term move is clearly to red shirt him.

Serious question, is Green's career done? They were extremely vague about what the 2nd procedure was and I've been wondering if the kid will ever play basketball again here, or anywhere else for that matter. If that is the case then that really sucks and i feel bad for him.

Seems a pattern for Bzzz lie about everything to everyone. Sprained ankles, major surgery. This is the new WFU culture--lie and blame everyone else. I am sure RW will blame the fans for Bzzz's failure.

That way Bzzz has an excuse in his pocket when he needs it.

Depends on whom you ask.
Coaching staff? Yes.
Anyone else? Uh...

Not skilled but 6'10 and gained some weight after frosh year. Would've helped on defense and rebounding far more than anything else.

Depends on whom you ask.
Coaching staff? Yes.
Anyone else? Uh...

It depends. Was he going to be HOF Daniel Green? No. Would he be able to give us a few points, 4-5 rebounds, and solid defense on a nightly basis? Yeah. And this team has needed that really badly since Buzz chased all of our big men away. If he's able to play and has kept putting in work on his game, then I'd expect him to be a decent bench big next year (better than Andre, for instance).

Devin can barely give us a few points, 4-5 boards on a nightly basis.

Back