• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green's knee requires 2nd surgery

So does anyone know specifically what happened? Did he try to come back too soon? Twist it awkwardly? What is the context of the setback?

s070727_prosser.jpg

chris-paul-nut-shot-o.gif

might have actually been earlier than the nut-punch curse but I couldn't find a gif of Braswell banging Rutland's gf

Last edited:
NBC on Daniel Green's injury featuring a new Buzz statement (or is it simply rehashing?):

Daniel Green, who missed all of the 2012-2013 season after tearing the ACL in his right knee, will be out indefinitely after suffering a setback to the knee, Wake Forest announced in a release.

Green suffered the injury in mid-July and underwent surgery last week.

“Unfortunately Daniel’s latest setback required another surgery,” said Wake Forest head coach Jeff [Redacted]. “Our hearts go out to Daniel who has worked extremely hard to get back on the court. As for the timetable for his return, that remains to be seen. Daniel has great resolve, and I’m sure he is determined to overcome this latest adversity.”

Green, a 6-foot-10 redshirt sophomore, averaged 1.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 7.4 minutes per game in 27 games as a freshman in 2011-2012.

I have no idea. It's almost funny how sketchy our AD incompetence and "secrecy" looks in the national press. The way that Wellman is handling everything [Redacted] is just so embarrassing for this University; everything, no matter how trivial (i.e. whether a sub-10 minute reserve like Daniel Green is injured and if will suit up this year) has turned into spin.

It has be meniscus, right? I mean, if it was an ACL redo he's out for the year period. I can't think of anything else it could be. If he tore his meniscus AFTER the ACL surgery I have to think he's pretty fucked. It means his knee wasn't all that stable WITH the ACL surgery for whatever reason, right?

It has be meniscus, right? I mean, if it was an ACL redo he's out for the year period. I can't think of anything else it could be. If he tore his meniscus AFTER the ACL surgery I have to think he's pretty fucked. It means his knee wasn't all that stable WITH the ACL surgery for whatever reason, right?

It's all pure speculation, but that sounds right. All of this is to say that it sounds like Daniel either rushed himself back or was rushed back (however you spin it, he came back to early) before he got his knee and the surrounding muscles in his leg, strength-wise, where they needed to be to support his "added bulk."

It's all pure speculation, but that sounds right. All of this is to say that it sounds like Daniel either rushed himself back or was rushed back (however you spin it, he came back to early) before he got his knee and the surrounding muscles in his leg, strength-wise, where they needed to be to support his "added bulk."

Different part of his leg, but similar to Tony Chennault in [Redacted]'s first year...

And we're back to structural questions relating to our S&C program, athletic training, and everything else tangentially overseen by the AD's office... Meh. WellmanOut...

Back