• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green's knee requires 2nd surgery

Why won't they release the specifics of the injury? What is the purpose of keeping it secret? There is a huge difference in recovery time in a simple meniscal tear vs. a reinjury involving the ACL graft. Why is there such a huge issue within the entire AD now to spin everything and skirt around the truth?

And doesn't McClinton also have a knee injury that might cause him to miss some playing time?

McClinton isn't cleared to play from his HS injury yet.

Now we'll never win that national championship.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Daniel.

Why won't they release the specifics of the injury? What is the purpose of keeping it secret? There is a huge difference in recovery time in a simple meniscal tear vs. a reinjury involving the ACL graft. Why is there such a huge issue within the entire AD now to spin everything and skirt around the truth?

Because HIPPA prohibits disseminating any medical information without the patients explicit consent?

Daniel,

Good luck man. The vitriol on this thread is not intended for you. I'm sure you are as frustrated at your situation as we are as fans.

Get well.

Dude...HIPPA. There are tons of valid things to complain about Wellman and company...this isn't one of them.

So do schools who release that ____ tore his ACL routinely violate HIPPA?

Or do we have a harder time than most securing the patient's consent?

So do schools who release that ____ tore his ACL routinely violate HIPPA?

Or do we have a harder time than most securing the patient's consent?

My thoughts exactly. Other schools release the full info, not lame snippets.

They do so when they know the extent of the injury and have permission.

They do so when they know the extent of the injury and have permission.

Did you read the article? He already had the second surgery. The extent of injury is known and has been repaired. Why would Daniel care? Feel bad for the kid. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I'm pretty sure whether the athletic department releases info about a player's injury has virtually nothing to do with HIPAA. Unless a university has made it's entire organization subject to HIPAA (I do not believe that is very common), a coach or AD is not a covered entity. There may be FERPA issues, but more likey than not, it's just athletic department policy (and a good one, in my opinion) not to disclose injury information without the consent of the player.

Back