• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniels not running

I think its coming down to the independents again, you know those loveable fuzzballs that can't make up their minds until they enter the booth.

The same jackass who stands in front of you at the QuickTrip trying to decide which scratch off to buy.

apologies, RJ...he got 50% running for governor...he got somewhere from 40-44% in 2004.

apologies, RJ...he got 50% running for governor...he got somewhere from 40-44% in 2004.

Had the GOP not turned hard right and listened to W, they might still be in that 40-44% range. However, they have.

In fact had the GOP allowed the W/McCain/Teddy Immigration Bill to pass, you'd be right. However even McCain opposes his own bill now.

I think its coming down to the independents again, you know those loveable fuzzballs that can't make up their minds until they enter the booth.

The same jackass who stands in front of you at the QuickTrip trying to decide which scratch off to buy.

Like Chris Rock says, "Anyone who is a conservative on every issue is a moron and anyone who is liberal on every issue is an idiot."

GO is celebrating being this way.

People may support cutting the budget, but they also don't want ot make Medicare a voucher program.

They may be anti-abortion but don't oppose raising taxes in times of great deficits.

Like Chris Rock says, "Anyone who is a conservative on every issue is a moron and anyone who is liberal on every issue is an idiot."

People may support cutting the budget, but they also don't want ot make Medicare a voucher program. We're basically a nation of freeloaders who want someone else to pickup the tab. Cutting spending sounds good until we actually see what it's going to take to balance the budget and reform entitlement programs.

They may be anti-abortion but don't oppose raising taxes in times of great deficits.

so does that make you an idiot?

Reforming Medicare does not equal ENDING Medicare and bankrupting your generation when you get old.

No your statement makes you and idiot.

People may support cutting the budget, but they also don't want ot make Medicare a voucher program.

It's farking hilarious watching you point the finger at anyone for being overly partisan.

Had the GOP not turned hard right and listened to W, they might still be in that 40-44% range. However, they have.

In fact had the GOP allowed the W/McCain/Teddy Immigration Bill to pass, you'd be right. However even McCain opposes his own bill now.

Why is it considered hard right to not reward lawbreakers with an easy path to citizenship?

As you well know, the issue hits a bit close to home with me. I think the GOP has dropped the ball in its usual way-- by not articulating their own alternative. Dubya's plan was an amnesty cloaked as a non-amnesty alternative and a bad one at that. There are ways to allow for an illegal to hit a "reset button", so to speak, without granting a blanket amnesty.

And in addition to the whole principle of not rewarding lawbreakers, there is the clusterfudge involved in dealing with the influx of paperwork and especially fraud in any amnesty program. It was an enormous issue with the '86 amnesty plan, which, by the way, the INS was still dicking around with 15 years after the fact.

ELC, I know wher you work.

You have to deal with reality. there are 12M people here. Virtually none are going anywhere. The W/Mccain/Teddy plan was common sense.

Go and other Republicans don't seem to understand why black people don't vote Republican. Republicans have strategically set themselves up against a large segment of black voters on pretty much every key issue over the last 50 years.

In fact, I'll go as far to say that Republicans have conscientiously not courted black voters because it makes more sense to make it more difficult for blacks to vote than to try to sway black voters.

I'm sure you meant to say consciously, not conscientiously. But I agree that republicans have reached a point where they have probably given up on the black vote. The voting numbers for other minority groups, Hispanics and Asians for example, differ from election to election, making campaigning for those votes meaningful. Bush got 45% of the Hispanic vote. McCain got only 31%. There have been similar swings in Asian-American voting patterns, huge swings if you go back as far as 1992.

But blacks vote democratic in the 90% plus range, no matter who runs. What's the point of spending time and money to go after a bloc of voters who vote lemming-like for your competition every four years?

Reforming Medicare does not equal ENDING Medicare and bankrupting your generation when you get old.

No your statement makes you and idiot.

Just wondering if your Chris Rock quote means you're an idiot.

So what's the Dems answer to fix Medicare? I haven't seen jack squat save for that $500B cut that resulted from Obamacare.

So where's the Left's plan for Medicare? Just planning to let it collapse within the next decade?

I never said that...if people call me an idiot multiple times, all bets are off.

I'm pretty reasonable on social issues.

but if you seriously can't tell the difference between President Obama and President GOP Nominee by November, something is wrong w/ you.

Unless you're a Paulite, aka the LaRouchies of the 10s.

But Go it's about the math. If Obama gets, 20% of the 24% or so that will be the black/Hispanic vote. That leaves 76% of which the GOP candidate will have to get 46%+1.

If white women split 50/50 (GOP would be getting 5% more than they usually do). Then the GOPer would need to win white males more than 2-1. That isn't going to happen.

RJ...just applying you Rock quote...

I'll admit I'm a borderline moron...conservative on about 80% of the issues

You seem to be liberal to ultra-liberal across the board.

[/B]

I'm sure you meant to say consciously, not conscientiously. But I agree that republicans have reached a point where they have probably given up on the black vote. The voting numbers for other minority groups, Hispanics and Asians for example, differ from election to election, making campaigning for those votes meaningful. Bush got 45% of the Hispanic vote. McCain got only 31%. There have been similar swings in Asian-American voting patterns, huge swings if you go back as far as 1992.

But blacks vote democratic in the 90% plus range, no matter who runs. What's the point of spending time and money to go after a bloc of voters who vote lemming-like for your competition every four years?

I said what I meant. Stop being condescending. And I meant to say condescending. America has a two party system. Black Americans have a one party system. Republicans have purposefully not court black voters in a specific, principled way that makes sense for GOP goals and objectives.

"WCVI Latino voter polls show Senator Obama was supported by a 68.6% to 28.7%. This finding was echoed by the CNN National exit poll which found a 67% to 31% spread between Obama and McCain."

Last election was a blowout. In a close election any such large voting disparity will be heightened.

Name a state that changed columns in a presidential election because of the Hispanic vote.

How did the last white Democrat do?

Back