• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

You said you wanted Crawford, Woods, and Arians to get more minutes. Childress reduced to 4 minutes.

It's hindsight because Woods had a terrible game. Arians had a terrible 2nd half. The guys you called for benching with all your +/- talk got us back to 1 point after being down 19. Crawford scored his season high in fewer minutes. Maybe he scores more if he plays more, maybe he doesn't. But either way you can't play the "I told you so" card when only one of your suggestions could have possibly helped, and your other two would have been detrimental to the game.

Justin Jackson was -5 in +/- by the way. Think UNC is going to start benching him?

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I remain confused how he can charge me with hindsight for sticking with the same argument I've been making all season.

I remain confused how he can charge me with hindsight for sticking with the same argument I've been making all season.

This is baffling. If before a game you say "These 2 guys should be benched and barely play, but this one guy should play a ton!" Then those 3 guys all play great and the guys you wanted instead of your first 2 play poorly, it's hindsight to just cherry pick one of your three demands as if you were right about everything.

It's also not a given that Crawford would have been more effective in more minutes. I mean, he probably would have, but it's not guaranteed. And it's really not guaranteed that the team's output would have been better overall considered our 2nd half scoring. This board would have lost its mind if the guys making a furious comeback from 19 down were pulled in the middle of their run.

By the way, it was Collins giving up a bucket, then taking a weak jump shot, then getting rejected in crunch time before we had to start fouling that helped kill the comeback. In fact, from the 6 minute mark on he missed his only two free throws and went 0 for 4. Against Clemson everyone was angry he didn't get the ball at the end of the game.

Sometimes players just have to win games. Crawford was on the floor down 3 with 1:30 left. The Childress/Wilbekin minutes in the 2nd half helped give our guys a shot to win. That same combo got us separation in the BC win when our starters struggled. That was a well-coached game, a game we likely win if Woods had played even decently.

Al McGuire said to " save a player with three fouls. When he gets to 4 play him out because if you take him out at 4 he gets out of the flow of the game"

Collins should play until he just fouls out. Play him.

Al McGuire said to " save a player with three fouls. When he gets to 4 play him out because if you take him out at 4 he gets out of the flow of the game"

Collins should play until he just fouls out. Play him.

So true.

DC, you're cherry picking one game to claim I'm wrong.

At some point, stats (poorly applied) and Kenpom will prove that Danny Manning is a greater coach than John Wooden ever hoped to be. I think we're getting close.

Show your work.

It's probably kenpom where we're at now vs kenpom where we finished with the best Bz team. It would be better to figure it out at the end of the season but we're not there yet (I think we'll finish about where we are now though since kenpom has projected our season almost perfectly this far).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably kenpom where we're at now vs kenpom where we finished with the best Bz team. It would be better to figure it out at the end of the season but we're not there yet (I think we'll finish about where we are now though since kenpom has projected our season almost perfectly this far).

Doesn't KenPom only judge teams based on the year? Do they judge teams over multiple years?

No but it can be predictive. The only thing that I think would skew it would be better recruiting classes that past years which may be an example here.

Also experience, but experience usually fluctuates (one team loses experience, one team gains it, etc.).

You cannot compare teams 3 years apart from one another statistically. Way too many variables. I thought you were kidding at first, but it seems you aren't, so stop please. Thanks.

Okay so the 118 team this year is 206 on offensive efficiency and 58 defensive efficiency while Bz's last team was 143 in offensive and 108 in defensive. I don't know how to decide if those two teams are equal though.

You cannot compare teams 3 years apart from one another statistically. Way too many variables. I thought you were kidding at first, but it seems you aren't, so stop please. Thanks.

I'm just trying to give stats, not trying to prove a point one way or another.

Back