• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Let me be the first to say that any year 10 ACC teams get to the dance and we're not one of them is a sad day for Wake basketball and th state of our program. I'm sure that we have a lot of fans who are just high fiving the fact that we are the next team in from the ACC...hail #11

Amazing we are so close. I guess Richmond, Charleston and Bucknell doing so well is paying dividends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How about just win a fucking league game. One. Like Miami. Then maybe another. Beat someone. It's been awhile. Until DM wins two ACC games in a row he has zero credibility. Bottom line. What I'm seeing on the court is not great, and we can talk about Dino Wellman deducted, yes all bad shit, we can blab on and on BUT the bottom line is win a fucking game. I'll be there and expecting a W Wednesday.

How about just win a fucking league game. One. Like Miami. Then maybe another. Beat someone. It's been awhile. Until DM wins two ACC games in a row he has zero credibility. Bottom line. What I'm seeing on the court is not great, and we can talk about Dino Wellman deducted, yes all bad shit, we can blab on and on BUT the bottom line is win a fucking game. I'll be there and expecting a W Wednesday.

This

No, it really doesn't. Good coaches in both FB and BB -- and at Wake -- have started winning fairly soon after being hired. In most cases, but not all, the caliber of the coach can be seen in the first or second year.

This. Manning sucks.

Win and all will be taken care of. The reason Manning got hired was a 10 game win streak at Tulsa at the end of the season. Lets do it again

When everything shakes out in March, I'd be amazed if 10 ACC teams are in....8 is a more realistic number, unless teams with 11-12 losses are getting in nowadays...

Syracuse had 13 losses last year and finished in 10th place in the ACC.

They got in and made the Final Four

Just bring something over from the season long basketball thread... Josh Pastner and Georgia Tech.

So far in 5 games, Georgia Tech has a win over UNC and a road win. When can we expect Danny to do the same? Are we really on track to be in NCAAT in the next year or two as so many believe?

Just bring something over from the season long basketball thread... Josh Pastner and Georgia Tech.

So far in 5 games, Georgia Tech has a win over UNC and a road win. When can we expect Danny to do the same? Are we really on track to be in NCAAT in the next year or two as so many believe?

We have already rehashed this like 100 times on this thread.

We are in the picture already at 10-7. Time will tell if we win the games we are "expected" to win to put us there at the end of the year. That starts tomorrow night against Miami.

Kenpom "expects" us to make the tournament?

Kenpom "expects" us to make the tournament?

He expects us to go 16-14, 7-11. If we win tomorrow night that will become 17-13, 8-10.

That's not really "expecting" us to make the tournament, but we are certainly on the bubble right now by any projected statistical metric.

If we wound up going 17-13, 8-10, and then won a game or two in the ACCT then I would put us at a very likely team to make the NCAAT with what will be a top 10 schedule in the country.

It's time to win some games though.

Which shows why they are glorified guesses. Getting to 7 ACC wins was almost a pipe dream before the season and is basically the same today.

Back