• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

As stated in another thread, March dreams are over in November.

I never thought I would have already penciled in so many losses to start the season :tear:

Fire our second awful coach only to hire a guy that has been a part of both programs, has zero useful coaching experience, and would be nearly impossible to fire because of who he is? Do you want 10 more years of this? Because that's how you get it.

Yup. Hate to say it but Childress needs to go too. Common denominator between last two bad regimes.

Yup. Hate to say it but Childress needs to go too. Common denominator between last two bad regimes.

While I do not think he is the root cause, it has to make you question the connection between coach weasel-nuts and current coach shit stain.

We can't even afford to hire him as interim...because there will almost inevitably be a circle the wagons type performance bump that would cause many to push for him to get the full time hire. And because he's a legend, he'd get the job. On paper, he's a far far worse hire than [Redacted] or Manning. The chances of it ending well would be slim to none.

Not to mention now we have his son on the team turning the ball over like crazy every game

Yeah, we need to clean house. I love Randolph to death and there should be a spot for him in the Athletic Department if he wants it, but we need a whole new staff.

No, he's not. If he was, Dino would have gotten another job by now.

If Wellman is stained in the coaching community, it's about the insulting lowball offer he made to Brad Stevens and then hiring he who shall not be named.

You sure about that?

We can't even afford to hire him as interim...because there will almost inevitably be a circle the wagons type performance bump that would cause many to push for him to get the full time hire. And because he's a legend, he'd get the job. On paper, he's a far far worse hire than [Redacted] or Manning. The chances of it ending well would be slim to none.

He has recruited every fucking decent player on the team. If not for Randolph, we would have Bzz level recruits with Manning coaching them. Just think about that scenario.

He has recruited every fucking decent player on the team. If not for Randolph, we would have Bzz level recruits with Manning coaching them. Just think about that scenario.
So? What experience does he have actually coaching a winning program? We know he's probably ok at part of the job...we need someone that we know is capable at everything. We can't take a flyer on yet a third coach...especially not one as hard to fire as Childress. We get it. You're a fan. An irrational fan.

Childress is the good recruiter, not Manning, and I doubt he would play the same NBA style as Danny does. Fact is the head coach determines the schemes, not the assistants and that is the case here too. I am not advocating hiring Childress merely to save this incoming class but for the fact he bleeds black and gold and would hire whomever he has to trying to turn this around. Worthless talk anyway, Manning will be here as long as Chairman Ron is, and we all know he is a vampire and will be here forever.

No to Childress. And are we sure he’s even a good recruiter? Seems like the team is running low on ACC quality players at the moment.

Back