• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I’m really concerned about Wake losing to Quinnipiac. Not really thinking about turning it around against duke, unc, etc.
:willynilly::willynilly:

Why would we assume that?

Sorry, let me be clear - that's very much a "what if this happens" question, I'm not saying we should assume that.

To be fair, nobody thought we were making the tourney before last year started, and we add some crazy talent next year. If the team sticks together and we have Crawford/Woods/Brown/Hoard/Moore/Mucius - that's definitely a team that should make the tournament.

Wake would have made the field of 64 if they didn’t have the first four.

No to Childress. And are we sure he’s even a good recruiter? Seems like the team is running low on ACC quality players at the moment.

Childress has more fire than anyone on that staff and he's a hell of a recruiter.

Childress has more fire than anyone on that staff and he's a hell of a recruiter.

So Childress has had all the answers for the last 8 years and hasn’t bothered to share them? There is no rational argument to retain Childress on the staff in any capacity if and when we move on from Manning.

Honest question

Are these worse losses than buzz’s worst losses?

Going by kenpom, the worst loss so far (Drake) would be about tied for Bz's 4th worst loss in 2010-11 (UNC Wilmington). If we turn it around and win most of our nonconference schedule, it won't be as bad as bz's year one. But of course, that is not the bar to be cleared.

At least we picked up a much needed win today. A loss today might have been a death kneel for the season. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Sorry, let me be clear - that's very much a "what if this happens" question, I'm not saying we should assume that.

To be fair, nobody thought we were making the tourney before last year started, and we add some crazy talent next year. If the team sticks together and we have Crawford/Woods/Brown/Hoard/Moore/Mucius - that's definitely a team that should make the tournament.

Yes, it is a team that should definitely make the tournament but this year’s team definitely shouldn’t have started 0-3 against a weak slate.

No Bz was worse

One thing I've noticed that has come out of the Manning severe struggles. [Redacted's] name has become uncredacted.

Wow. Means that by comparison, [Redacted] maybe isn't now as bad as you thought he was. Or at least not as unusually bad.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed that has come out of the Manning severe struggles. [Redacted's] name has become uncredacted.

Wow. Means that by comparison, [Redacted] maybe isn't now as bad as you thought he was. Or at least not as unusually bad.

That is not a good read Guitar. BZ was every bit as bad as we all thought and had virtually no redeeming qualities.

The fact that Wellman has been able to find another coach with comparable coaching ability but better attributes as a recruiter and as a human being does not even put lipstick on the pig that was BZ.

Don’t fret guys. #1 super fan Andy Katz is still a believer. Even thinks we’re headed to postseason ball:

https://t.co/OogBA14xe3

Katz is an idiot. He mentioned at least 3 times that this team is young. This is a veteran team in today's college basketball. Apparently Wake has had a young team for about 10 consecutive seasons.

I should age the way Wake basketball teams do.

When someone has to repeat over and over that the sky isn't falling, it typically means the sky IS falling.

Back