• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

We aren't in this position, but barring a quantum leap by Doral or someone else, this was going to be long season.

But, yes we should have won those games.

Katz also seems to think that Crawford is a sophomore, which doesn't help his argument.

Don’t fret guys. #1 super fan Andy Katz is still a believer. Even thinks we’re headed to postseason ball:

https://t.co/OogBA14xe3

Katz is an idiot. He mentioned at least 3 times that this team is young. This is a veteran team in today's college basketball. Apparently Wake has had a young team for about 10 consecutive seasons.

I should age the way Wake basketball teams do.

Word. We start a junior, redshirt junior, freshman, grad senior, and junior. We probably have one of the most experienced starting lineups in the country.

I just hope that Manning isn't fired until after we get a new AD. I can't stand another four years of this crap.

Do we beat UNCG or Illinois?

Brutal weekend for basketball. We had 12 guys play against Houston and no one could find rhythm with all the different lineups. Crawford and Woods were 8-25 shooting the ball!

Also, Wellman can eat a dick for putting us in this position :mad:

I dont understand why we are blaming Wellman. 2 weeks ago we were all thrilled with Danny, why should Wellman have thought any differently? He's not a psychic.

I dont understand why we are blaming Wellman. 2 weeks ago we were all thrilled with Danny, why should Wellman have thought any differently? He's not a psychic.

Because of the decisions he made to get to this point.

I think I will just ignor basketball this season. It will be better for my mental and emotional health.

Because of the decisions he made to get to this point.
He was supposed to fire manning after last season? I just dont get it. When was this season ever discussed as a "make or break" season? It wasnt. Most people expected us to regress, and no one knew how well we would replace Collins. Sucking was always in the realm of possibilities. With our current talent and the incoming class, next season projects to be a good one. We're giving up on 2018 just 5 games in to the 2017 season? I think Manning earned more patience last season (and this recruiting cycle) than he is being given right now.

Last edited:
Kinda ridiculous to say that Wellman should have known better than to hire a coach who would get us to the tournament and then have a bad season after losing his best player to the NBA. That's a very specific gripe. But then again, this fanbase loves to fire coaches after they make the tournament.

He also lost his second best interior player in a surprise move. Each happened after the year's recruiting of top U.S. big men was over. We were lucky enough to replace one with a player who will likely be very good but needs most of this year to get ready.

I mean, this season sucks ass, more than I expected but "fire everyone now" isn't the genius solution everyone thinks it is, especially just a few weeks after we were all jerking it to our top 10 recruiting class.

He was supposed to fire manning after last season? I just dont get it. When was this season ever discussed as a "make or break" season? It wasnt. Most people expected us to regress, and no one knew how well we would replace Collins. Sucking was always in the realm of possibilities. With our current talent and the incoming class, next season projects to be a good one. We're giving up on 2018 just 5 games in to the 2017 season? I think Manning earned more patience last season (and this recruiting cycle) than he is being given right now.

Some fans never wanted Manning and believe that there were millions laying around that would have allowed Wellman to go after a better, more experienced coach.

I expected the team to regress but when Manning said the front court spots were up for grabs in late September, it was really alarming, at least for me. It appears as though that hasn't changed much, if at all. Most fans were not prepared for losing a lot of the most winnable games our teams will play this season, including me. I was not prepared for the 0-3 start.

Nonetheless, although some have given up on Manning, I have not. I think he can turn it around, but we'll take a lot of lumps and lose a lot of games along the way this season regardless.

Yesh this season is going to suck, I just believe Manning deserves the 2018-19 season to determine if he is a viable long term coach. On top of that, firing a coach immedietely after they've had success is terrible for PR and recruiting, as we've seen . Wake just isnt capable of the home run hire it would require to make firing Manning now a worthwhile decision.

Kinda ridiculous to say that Wellman should have known better than to hire a coach who would get us to the tournament and then have a bad season after losing his best player to the NBA. That's a very specific gripe. But then again, this fanbase loves to fire coaches after they make the tournament.

I mean, this season sucks ass, more than I expected but "fire everyone now" isn't the genius solution everyone thinks it is, especially just a few weeks after we were all jerking it to our top 10 recruiting class.

Yesh this season is going to suck, I just believe Manning deserves the 2018-19 season to determine if he is a viable long term coach. On top of that, firing a coach immedietely after they've had success is terrible for PR and recruiting, as we've seen . Wake just isnt capable of the home run hire it would require to make firing Manning now a worthwhile decision.

The decisions to get to this point all come down to hiring Dino, extending Dino, then firing Dino, then hiring his buddy. Skip died 10 years ago and Wellman has made bad decision after the other since.

The decisions to get to this point all come down to hiring Dino, extending Dino, then firing Dino, then hiring his buddy. Skip died 10 years ago and Wellman has made bad decision after the other since.

Not sure how anyone could watch Wake basketball the last 8 years and not understand that Wellman has lost millions of dollars, and thousand of Wake supporters by destroying our basketball program. I know for a fact that good, proven coaches,have turned down offers to coach at Wake because of their lack of respect for Wellman.

Then everyone will just say that our Top 10 recruiting class needs to mature and our hopefully great 2019 class needs a chance to show what they can do.

:noidea:

Manning gets next year, no doubt. It doesn't matter what happens this season. Top 10 recruiting class and a lot of returning "top" players.

However if he doesn't make the tourney next year then yeah he gone.

Back