• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I am struggling to understand why you people don’t want him now. Hate me. That’s fine. But can we start winning please? How many more decades of finishing last do we have to endure before we fix it?

I know you don't care about your credibility but the more you exaggerate the more you have none.

I think most would have preferred Wes Miller over name redacted.

Why the continued "love affair" for Wes Miller?

In my mind he is automatically disqualified because of his blue-goat lineage. I would not care how many games he would win at Wake, I could never stomach his for sure references to Roy, etc.

The minute Wellman or anyone hires a Carolina grad as a head coach at Wake, my contributions and support stop.

Pelphrey might have worked at Wake. The one thing we do know is that what we chose to do didn’t work.

Claiming Pelphrey would have outperformed Prosser is one of the hottest takes we've seen on these boards.

We could have hired my dog as coach and been better off than hiring the Bzaster. But hiring Wes Miller in 2010 when he was like 26 years old would have been no favor for him or us. He would have been overwhelmed, he would have failed and he'd now be an assistant somewhere working his way back up.

Skip's ghost or a rock would've been an upgrade over Mr. Bozo.

Last edited:
Claiming Pelphrey would have outperformed Prosser is one of the hottest takes we've seen on these boards.

Not to mention that if DR thought Prosser didn't work out, why did DR lead a fight to keep Prosser when he was considering going back to Pittsburgh?

Not to mention that if DR thought Prosser didn't work out, why did DR lead a fight to keep Prosser when he was considering going back to Pittsburgh?

I have been around a while and Prosser is the best coach I have seen at Wake. Great coach and a better person.

So it seems like the game tomorrow against Coastal is "all-access" and will require a subscription. Feels like this season hasn't really started yet between all the cupcakes and the only game against a legit team (Houston) also requiring a subscription.

When did I do that? Love Skip but no. Keep hating on Mr Brown. I get why my success bothers you. I’m right. That’s why. Keep adding up the wins and losses. Another decade will pass. It will be worse for this group and better for me (again).

Last edited:
When did I do that? Love Skip but no. Keep hating on Mr Brown. I get why my success bothers you. I’m right. That’s why. Keep adding up the wins and losses. Another decade will pass. It will be worse for this group and better for me (again).

If you add up the wins and losses of Wes Miller in his conference, he has no real "success". Over his first five season, he has finished in the second division three times. If you can't win there (and have no P6 experience {the Big East is definitely a power conference in basketball}), the odds of you jumping right into the job Wake and being successful are negligible.

When did I do that? Love Skip but no. Keep hating on Mr Brown. I get why my success bothers you. I’m right.

You're not right. Often. That's the point. You proclaimed Shavlik Randolph to be the future of basketball. Think about that.

I figured this thread would get hijacked By DR and quickly turn into DR salivating over Wes' sweaty testicles.

You're not right. Often. That's the point. You proclaimed Shavlik Randolph to be the future of basketball. Think about that.

Not right often? Those who know my accomplishments in the biz world know that’s wrong. I don’t remember saying that about Shavlik. Injury got him. But he had a nice little career and is still playing 15 years later.

I didn’t hijack this thread either. Someone called me out and then an avalanche of comments engaging me. I get why you people are obsessed. I’ve won. Wake is losing. I get it. Now go back to work. Hope to see you at the game tonight.

It's pretty clear why dr has no influence on wake Athletics I bet people roll their eyes as soon as he walks away

It's pretty clear why dr has no influence on wake Athletics I bet people roll their eyes as soon as he walks away

When he ends a conversation with you “you lost, I win” the Donald Ross Credibility Watch meter drops significantly

Especially to random people who have enough decorum not to discuss their financial situation on a message board

Especially to random people who have enough decorum not to discuss their financial situation on a message board

That’s our basketball fan base. Decorum and patience in the Trump era. That’s why we’re losers.

Your track record of suggestions that can be verified sucks.

Your track record of suggestions that can be verified sucks.

Not fair to throw that personal attack out there and then call me out for defending it with what has happened in the real world. What suggestion exactly are you talking about? My suggestions of a tiny arena and young Coach haven’t been implemented.

Back