• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

pages 1-150 are depressing and then magically page 152-153 or so we all are on a high after winning a few straight games and calling to lock the thread(myself included). Man this is an entertaining read.

I started about page 270. All this year stuff I am sure. Was just trying to get a feel for how people were feeling this season about our And1 and HotDog tour. As expected, a few say everything is fine, nothing to see here and the bulk seem to see what I see, there is a problem.

There definitely seems to be a problem and most everyone has voiced their disdain regarding Danny's sideline decisions. His sub patterns and timeout usage is a pretty glaring issue too, IMO.

I still don't think we need to talk about firing him or taking out billboards until the end of next season. I think we'll be good next year and build on that. If we fail to win a game in the tourney next year, I would join the folks who don't think he's right for the job.

Last edited:
I have been on the boards for over 14 years but somehow got on 24/7. That one blows as nobody has an honest opinion over there and they want to charge you to see their "inside" info.

I agree with that but what worries me is that we have some really good players coming in and all that may do is mask what the real problem is. I had really high hopes for DM when he came in. He actually taught us to shoot free throws and he had JC. But it seems like the tail is wagging the dog rather than the dog wagging the tail this season. Mistakes are not being corrected. Playing time is not being given/taken based on play for some players. Its almost like we need to hire an X's and O's assistant just to do basic stuff.

I agree with that but what worries me is that we have some really good players coming in and all that may do is mask what the real problem is. I had really high hopes for DM when he came in. He actually taught us to shoot free throws and he had JC. But it seems like the tail is wagging the dog rather than the dog wagging the tail this season. Mistakes are not being corrected. Playing time is not being given/taken based on play for some players. Its almost like we need to hire an X's and O's assistant just to do basic stuff.

This is exactly what we need to do. There's some dude who is an assistant for the Rockets that is an X's and O's guru. Would love to get him!

Lol at the idea that we'd have Manning sitting at the end of the bench while an assistant handles the coaching.

DM has the team well positioned for yet another road ACC loss. I only count 3 ACC road wins in his 4 years. Pathetic. Everyday he remains as coach...is simply wasting time. I believe Clawson has more ACC road wins in the same number of seasons. Manning has no business anywhere near a HC position.

DM has the team well positioned for yet another road ACC loss. I only count 3 ACC road wins in his 4 years. Pathetic. Everyday he remains as coach...is simply wasting time. I believe Clawson has more ACC road wins in the same number of seasons. Manning has no business anywhere near a HC position.

3 wins in 4 years... what a waste of talent, time, investment, etc...

Have we reached the point where we seriously consider whether [Redacted] is better or on the same level as Manning? I just have to laugh at the comedy or errors that has befallen this proud program.

3 wins in 4 years... what a waste of talent, time, investment, etc...

Have we reached the point where we seriously consider whether [Redacted] is better or on the same level as Manning? I just have to laugh at the comedy or errors that has befallen this proud program.

Manning is much better because BZ lost by 30 points per game. Same basic record with Manning but if you did not know better you could convince yourself the game is winnable until that end game run happens.

Based on wins and losses they’re pretty much the same.

Well, 'officially', we did squeeze in a NCAAT bid last year. That alone is a significant difference. DM some issues to resolve as a coach, but let's not be ridiculous.

Well, 'officially', we did squeeze in a NCAAT bid last year. That alone is a significant difference. DM some issues to resolve as a coach, but let's not be ridiculous.

True. Manning is unquestionably slightly better than BZ.

Back