• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I understand wanting him gone, but please please please don’t do the billboards shit again. Such a trash human being thing to do.

I understand wanting him gone, but please please please don’t do the billboards shit again. Such a trash human being thing to do.

That was specifically reserved for the trash human being that [Redacted] proved himself to be while at Wake. Danny is just a trash coach, not a trash human being.

Also, CD1, I got your PM. I'll send you my Paypal so you can donate.

Are you Aaron Rountree?

No, I think most people would be smart enough to know it’s a trash human being thing to do. Also, what is this in reference to? I don’t remember him being outspoken about it but I could’ve just not been paying attention.

Rountree was outspoken about rolling the Quad when Bz was fired. The only thing I remember about Aaron Rountree's career at Wake Forest.

OK OK, no billboards. Just a frontpage advertisement across every newspaper in the triad! Don't forget online papers too! Can't be too expensive, papers are about as successful as our basketball program is.

Ponder this. If Jaime Dixon hadn't left for his alma mater, we would have finished DFL in YEAR 4! of the Danny Mehnning era...

I said several months back the only ACC coaches I wouldn't take over Manning were Pastner, Stallings, and Christian. The first just beat us for 13th place in the ACC, the second still stands, and the third has his program on the rise whereas we're sitting in poopy toilet town.

Rountree was outspoken about rolling the Quad when Bz was fired. The only thing I remember about Aaron Rountree's career at Wake Forest.

Ahh okay. See, at least the quad rolling was funny - no problem with that. Billboards just make our fan base look like a bunch of assholes.

Dude, CD1, that idea you sent me via PM is awesome. I'm calling UHaul to rent a moving truck this afternoon!

Billboards just make our fan base look like a bunch of assholes.

I wasn't for the billboards last time and I wouldn't be now. I am all for flooding the inbox of Hatch and the Board of Trustees with reasoned, signed letters - especially from Deacon Club members who refuse to contribute more until a change is made. After all, when the $$$ talks, the bullshit walks.

But - how does our fanbase looking "like a bunch of assholes" hurt our program any more than what Wellman/[Redacted]/Manning have done?

I really wanted Manning to be successful, but in year 4, we have pretty consistently looked like an undisciplined poorly coached team that looks poorly motivated by one of the most passive coaches on the sideline I have ever seen.

#Manningout

Last edited:
The reason he has to go is the team has shown no progress. They do not play team basketball. Everyone wants to be a hero. There is no attempt to run plays on a constant basis. This is esp true if we are behind. Just chuck up a three or bull over a defender. Or throw it away. I don't think Manning had taught these guys 3 plays. Just not an example of good team play.

We can't get rid of the BB coach until we have a new AD.

So, if Wellman isn't going anywhere for 3-5 years, what's your solution? After three bball hire screw-ups in a row, I think Wellman keeps his job and gets to go out on his own terms because the big money folks seem to like the way he fluffs their egos, but I don't think there's any way they allow him to hire another coach without significant outside consulting.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't feel like running Danny out of town like Bz because Bz was a huge jerk but Danny has got to go

Back