• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Why would we not make a run at Thad Matta RIGHT NOW? If he is healthy he is a home run hire and is only 50. He is talking with Ole Miss for crying out loud.

He may claim to be 50 but if you look at him, he is clearly at least 60 years old.

man remember when wake was CLEARLY a better job than xavier and we could hire their coaches?

LOWF is real when freakin XAVIER seems like an unattainable pinnacle of a hoops program for wake

TBF you guys are the ones saying Miller and Kelsey are worthy of the Wake job. I don't think they're worthy of ours or theirs

If you have a chance to hire a 50-year old guy who can barely stand up as the long term answer to your basketball coaching conundrum, you go for it.

I just saw Wes get off a bus at the G with a conference tournament trophy, a happy team and fans out to greet them in the rain. Time is ticking on hiring him.

If true, then suddenly Xavier is open and a better job than Wake. I assume the Uconn job is going to be open and one would argue that it is a better job than Wake. That would be also ignoring the FBI investigation which potentially opens up other options more highly regarded than WF.

The Louisville people I know feel really confident that it is materializing for Mack to leave Xavier. I am still skeptical because these searches always seems to take bizarre turns.

It is kind of amazing after all the Wes Miller talk that Wake and UNCG would be #90 and #91 in Kenpom, with tonight's win pushing UNCG finally ahead of Wake.

Definitely hard not to like Miller. Then again he still lost to Manning's Wake team this year. That conference is just god-awful.

Wake Forest Basketball...hysterically competitive.

Why would we EVER hire a unc graduate to coach for us? Sorry, I am sure Wes is a good guy and a decent coach but he was a unc player for gosh sakes and I don't really care the reason he played for them, fact is he DID.

Somebody should start a next wake head coach thread, so we can consolidate all of this.

Why would we EVER hire a unc graduate to coach for us? Sorry, I am sure Wes is a good guy and a decent coach but he was a unc player for gosh sakes and I don't really care the reason he played for them, fact is he DID.

Does that mean we are limited to Wake grads?

What about a Duke grad? Or, a State grad?

We need a coach who can coach, I don't care where he learned to coach!!!!

Or if he has any Wake ties or not. We can't afford to fuck this hire up, otherwise we're soon gonna become the DePaul of the ACC

dbb8a0a4cf4e09c3f098d78d7710cc63.jpg

I made the mistake of turning on the game in the 2nd half. I really hate Danny Manning.

Back