• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Maybe he's embarrassed of his 11-20 4th season record at Wake. :tard:

We all are.

To be fair, Danny isn’t selling the average basketball fan on Wake Forest. He’s selling high school players that he, or his staff, have already contacted. When they see him on TV they know who he is and that he is Wake’s coach, without him needing to mentioning it.

very fair

To be fair, Danny isn’t selling the average basketball fan on Wake Forest. He’s selling high school players that he, or his staff, have already contacted. When they see him on TV they know who he is and that he is Wake’s coach, without him needing to mentioning it.

Then why does every other coach rep their school? You're definitely always selling your school because you never know who's watching. Either we're relevant or we're not, and right now Wake is largely irrelevant. Appearing on the show gives us a sliver of relevance. But if we don't cash it in, what's the point? We've proven our irrelevance.

Thanks, Ron, hope you enjoyed Easter

If you are doing the job Danny is paid to do, you are always selling your school. No opportunity should go unused. Maybe the next time Danny meets the next door neighbor of a recruit it will be a casual fan who needs the clues.

Were the other "Danny and the Miracles" panelists sporting team shirts? Any of them college coaches? Maybe they asked him not to wear wake stuff. He didn't wear a Kansas shirt, did he? That'd have been appropriate, but I imagine we'd have collectively freaked out about that too.

Zero charisma. Zero motivational ability. Zero tactical abilities. Just a great big tall zero.

Were the other "Danny and the Miracles" panelists sporting team shirts? Any of them college coaches? Maybe they asked him not to wear wake stuff. He didn't wear a Kansas shirt, did he? That'd have been appropriate, but I imagine we'd have collectively freaked out about that too.

If he was asked to go on a pregame show and not wear Wake gear while every other coach wore their gear, he should let everybody know.

If he was asked to go on a pregame show and not wear Wake gear while every other coach wore their gear, he should let everybody know.
I thought he was there for a "Miracles" special? I didn't watch, so it could have been much different than I've imagined.

I thought he was there for a "Miracles" special? I didn't watch, so it could have been much different than I've imagined.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032818aaa.html

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Wake Forest head coach Danny Manning will appear on Saturday’s Final Four pregame coverage on TBS. Manning will appear during the first hour of coverage, airing from 3-4 p.m. ET.
At the Final Four presented by Infiniti will lead off Saturday’s coverage and air live from a studio at the Riverwalk outside of the Alamodome. Greg Gumbel will host alongside analysts who have all led their team to a national title. Manning will be joined by Candace Parker, Christian Laettner and Kris Jenkins on the panel.

=====

I don't see any reason why he couldn't wear Wake stuff.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032818aaa.html

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Wake Forest head coach Danny Manning will appear on Saturday’s Final Four pregame coverage on TBS. Manning will appear during the first hour of coverage, airing from 3-4 p.m. ET.
At the Final Four presented by Infiniti will lead off Saturday’s coverage and air live from a studio at the Riverwalk outside of the Alamodome. Greg Gumbel will host alongside analysts who have all led their team to a national title. Manning will be joined by Candace Parker, Christian Laettner and Kris Jenkins on the panel.

=====

I don't see any reason why he couldn't wear Wake stuff.

Hey, what do I know? But if Jenkins, Parker (are they coaches?), and that fuckhole chest stomper weren't repping teams it might have been weird?

Probably should have done though. Agreed with y'all there.

Nobody thinks he should have worn a tie-dye. Just a pin and a gold tie. The least he could do. Wake hoops is so irrelevant.

Last edited:
How many games would Jay Wright have won with this wake team?

Nobody thinks he should have worn a tie-dye. Just a pin and a gold tie. The least he could do. Wake hoops is so irrelevant.

Exactly what I was expecting as well. A visible reminder that he is coaching at Wake Forest and not still in wheat field country.

Back