• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

And a hot stretch against a bunch of directional schools, at that. They sucked OOC but then got in their crap conference and actually won some games

And a hot stretch against a bunch of directional schools, at that. They sucked OOC but then got in their crap conference and actually won some games

Playing defense too... which makes me wonder if the assistant that he didn't bring over (because Childress) was his DC.

Conference was trash too -- he hit the perfect sweet spot between Memphis bolting for the AAC and Tulsa bolting themselves.

I also forgot Tulsa started 4-9 the year he made the NCAAT. Yikes. He really parlayed one hot stretch from his team into all of the above

These are the facts a competent AD sniffs out before hiring a coach.

We can blame these guys for hoodwinking Wellman

TULSA STARTERS 2013-2014 Season

G 5 TIM PEETE, 6-4, 205, Sr-3L, 5.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, Memphis, Tenn.
G 10 JAMES WOODARD, 6-3, 183, So-1L, 15.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg, Arcadia, Okla.
G 11 SHAQUILLE HARRISON, 6-3, 175, So-1L, 9.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.2 apg, Kansas City, Mo.
F 1 RASHAD SMITH, 6-7, 206, RS-So-1L, 12.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, Plano, Texas
F 40 D’ANDRE WRIGHT, 6-9, 247, So-1L, 7.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, Lawton, Okla.

OFF THE BENCH
G 3 RASHAD RAY, 5-11, 170, So-1L, 6.8 ppg, 2.2 rpg, New Orleans, La.
G 23 STEVIE REPICHOWSKI, 6-5, 181, Fr-HS, 3.0 ppg, 0.4 rpg, Lansing, Mich.
F 12 LEW EVANS, 6-8, 230, So-JC, 5.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, Salt Lake City, Utah
F 44 BRANDON SWANNEGAN, 6-8, 205, So-1L, 4.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, Houston, Texas

Conference was trash too -- he hit the perfect sweet spot between Memphis bolting for the AAC and Tulsa bolting themselves.

I also forgot Tulsa started 4-9 the year he made the NCAAT. Yikes. He really parlayed one hot stretch from his team into all of the above
I seem to remember in [empty suit]'s introductory press conference, Wellman noted that during the interview he asked [empty suit] about what he did differently to turn around that Tulsa season, and [empty suit] responded "nothing", an answer which impressed Wellman.

Wow. I don’t think I watched the press conference and I don’t remember that. That looks horrible in retrospect and wouldn’t have looked good at the time.

Not gonna take the time to go back and re-watch the thing, but I'm 99% sure Wellman talked about that in the presser.

I seem to remember in [empty suit]'s introductory press conference, Wellman noted that during the interview he asked [empty suit] about what he did differently to turn around that Tulsa season, and [empty suit] responded "nothing", an answer which impressed Wellman.

And he's done nothing differently since the day he stepped foot on campus. How much hubris does one need to possess to look at the results and not see a need to make changes to your plan and improve yourself? He honestly seems to think it's all on the players who are just not getting it.

We can blame these guys for hoodwinking Wellman

TULSA STARTERS 2013-2014 Season

G 5 TIM PEETE, 6-4, 205, Sr-3L, 5.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, Memphis, Tenn.
G 10 JAMES WOODARD, 6-3, 183, So-1L, 15.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg, Arcadia, Okla.
G 11 SHAQUILLE HARRISON, 6-3, 175, So-1L, 9.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.2 apg, Kansas City, Mo.
F 1 RASHAD SMITH, 6-7, 206, RS-So-1L, 12.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, Plano, Texas
F 40 D’ANDRE WRIGHT, 6-9, 247, So-1L, 7.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, Lawton, Okla.

OFF THE BENCH
G 3 RASHAD RAY, 5-11, 170, So-1L, 6.8 ppg, 2.2 rpg, New Orleans, La.
G 23 STEVIE REPICHOWSKI, 6-5, 181, Fr-HS, 3.0 ppg, 0.4 rpg, Lansing, Mich.
F 12 LEW EVANS, 6-8, 230, So-JC, 5.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, Salt Lake City, Utah
F 44 BRANDON SWANNEGAN, 6-8, 205, So-1L, 4.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, Houston, Texas

STEVIE REPICHOWSKI YOU RUINED MY LIFE

Correct. Circa two minute mark for any of my fellow masochists:

Man. That actually is more depressing than I thought it would be mostly because I actually remember being super excited and hopeful when I watched it 5 years ago. On paper, it really did seem like an awesome fit—a risk, but an awesome fit. The Greensboro connection, the incredible career, Bill Self recs...would have been so awesome if it worked out. Yet, here we are. What a disaster it turned out to be.

Too bad ronnie forgot the follow up question that a respectable ad would ask.

"Describe the system they began believing in?"
"First, we don't defend. That's key. Don't want to ex... expa... expen... use energy. We will play to the opponents strengths and never, and I mean this, never devi...devient... change from our game plan. It is already perfec... the best I can come up with..."

F U ronnie.

Was Larry Brown one of the jokers who supplied positive quotes about redacted? If so Wellman needs to lose that number yesterday

Probably but there were several pages of quotes. That was ronni's first tell that he knew people would be upset but "f u fans I am doing this anyway."

If Wake makes the tournament and loses in the first round we should fire Manning for lack of postsesason success.

Was Larry Brown one of the jokers who supplied positive quotes about redacted? If so Wellman needs to lose that number yesterday

I don't remember but Larry hired Danny's dad Ed at Kansas as an assistant coach to land Danny. One of the more underhanded "legal" moves in the history of college basketball

Back