• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I wasn't for the billboards last time and I wouldn't be now. I am all for flooding the inbox of Hatch and the Board of Trustees with reasoned, signed letters - especially from Deacon Club members who refuse to contribute more until a change is made. After all, when the $$$ talks, the bullshit walks.

But - how does our fanbase looking "like a bunch of assholes" hurt our program any more than what Wellman/[Redacted]/Manning have done?

I know a lot of people here hate Wellman for his b-ball hires, but he’s a respectable person.

Bzzz broke our brand and ran over it with an asphalt roller. And a douche.

Manning hasn’t done anything bad for our program in terms of public perception like Bz, and we have improved. We’ll see if we can take the next step next year but if not and he’s fired, our program is in much better shape than when he took over whether you’d like to admit it or not.

Our fans putting up another billboard is terrible terrible terrible for public perception. Why would a coach want to come here when he’d be coaching for a fan base that the last two coaches got “fire ___” billboards put up about them. That is the definition of trash human being shit and I know if I was a coach I wouldn’t come here knowing the fans were that big of assholes.

No one is bringing up billboards except for you.

Obviously that isn't gonna happen.

DM is not a good basketball coach. He has to go. I've been one of the earlier DM out proponents.

DM is a class act and a good guy. how this is handled is very important. He does not deserve viterol.

I know a lot of people here hate Wellman for his b-ball hires, but he’s a respectable person.

Manning hasn’t done anything bad for our program in terms of public perception like Bz, and we have improved. We’ll see if we can take the next step next year but if not and he’s fired, our program is in much better shape than when he took over whether you’d like to admit it or not.

Our fans putting up another billboard is terrible terrible terrible for public perception. Why would a coach want to come here when he’d be coaching for a fan base that the last two coaches got “fire ___” billboards put up about them. That is the definition of trash human being shit and I know if I was a coach I wouldn’t come here knowing the fans were that big of assholes.

I think the fan reaction is a result of Wellman's complacency with losing in basketball and stubborness to admit he was wrong and move forward. Drastic measures wouldn't be necessary if the AD did his job. Cut the loser and hire a winner, don't make the fanbase overreact to get you to do your job.

Manning is a shitty coach. No results on the court, he gets no ******* results. I see regression more than progress. Even 1 more day with him at the helm is a wasted day for Wake Forest Basketball. Billboards, harass Wellman, whatever has to be done, this guy is a POS head coach. Go run a big man camp somewhere and stay away from Winston Salem!!

There ya go, Ayo. Reading three posts above mine would’ve helped.

No one is bringing up billboards except for you.

Obviously that isn't gonna happen.

To be fair I mentioned it, but not seriously hoping it would happen. I just want Wellman to get off his ass and make a move. This isn't working and he is wasting everyone's time by keeping Dannyboi around.

Wellman is not a respectable person. If he had an iota of decency, he would resign. He is the biggest obstacle to Wake getting a decent coach.

Saying that Wake is in better shape than when Manning was hired is saying nothing. 4 more years of losing respect and fans. If the incoming recruits leave with Manning, then he will have Wake in worse shape.

Wellman has taken a great big shit on Wake basketball. No respect is deserved for that.

Let CD1 have his straw man. He needs a win. He knows his position on Manning is untenable but he's too committed to it to ever admit that he's in the wrong.

Let CD1 have his straw man. He needs a win. He knows his position on Manning is untenable but he's too committed to it to ever admit that he's in the wrong.

As long as somebody is getting a win today...

Wake Basketball Fans:

"Mr. Wellman, what is your plan for our program after the tragic passing of coach Prosser?"

AD Wellman:

r858wh.gif

What am I trying to get a win out of?

I had one serious post saying not to do it. After, I asked a question about Rountree. Then joked with you and responded to a question someone asked me. Then got called out saying I brought it up and I didn’t. WINSSS

Does anyone know what, if anything, Coach Manning has done in the off-season to improve his coaching? Does he plan to do anything this year? If not, it will be more of the same next year.

I had one serious post saying not to do it. After, I asked a question about Rountree. Then joked with you and responded to a question someone asked me. Then got called out saying I brought it up and I didn’t. WINSSS

If Wellman were respectable, billboards would not be necessary. Then we could get a coach whose main basketball influence was not the NBA.

I said you can have the win man. Chill.

I expect that Manning will be the coach in 2019-2020 and Wake will still suck at basketball.

Back