• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

That info came from someone who has known SHAKA's agent for many, many years and knows SHAKA. So far everything he has said has been true. We had SHAKA, but Hatch FUCKED it. The part of the deal was giving SHAKA's wife full professorship position. She is graduated from Harvard AND Northwestern. Hatch reneged on promise at last minute thinking SHAKA would take money anyway. The insult was too great. In addition to fuck up with his wife, SHAKA wasn't all that happy to have to come in and lose for 2-3 years, but would have tried. Hatch really FUCKED that one up. Hatch FUCKING Shaka was ALMOST bad as classless orca-fat internet douches like ChrisL who ATTACKED Shaka's wife for pages and pages and pages. We really do have group of posters who have proven to be Hall of Fame douches. Wake was dream job for SHAKA. It's EVERYTHING he had wanted for years. It was small, quality, education, community, that he and his family could be a part of and top bball.

I'll never forget the Joel rockin' when we crushed Larry Brown's Kansas team by like 30. The building was literally shaking and it sounded like we blew the roof off!

I was with there with my Dad and brother. I even carried my ticket stub around in my wallet for years. I still have it in fact, though the ink has faded considerably.
I think my favorite memory of the game was that throughout the pre-game and during, the Deacon had this little Jayhawk doll tied to a string. He would just toss it around, drag it on the floor, and pooch kick it around. Funny as hell.

Last years average attendance was 7626, the lowest in the history of the Joel. The average this year is 5151 for 4 home contests. This is the number that may dictate Manning's length of employment.

Currie was a bad hire as well. A Wellman clone. WFU needed to go outside for the AD job. We are in basketball hell.

Yup, much like the Manning hire for the first year, I'm still in a hopeful phase with Currie just because I'm tired of being hopeless...but we'll know sooner rather than later whether that hope is misplaced. It certainly wasn't the strongest possible hire. It was the easy hire.

Yup, much like the Manning hire for the first year, I'm still in a hopeful phase with Currie just because I'm tired of being hopeless...but we'll know sooner rather than later whether that hope is misplaced. It certainly wasn't the strongest possible hire. It was the easy hire.

Same here with regards to Currie. There should be no excuses to keep Manning after March. If Currie doesn't fire him by mid March, he's no better than Wellman.

Last years average attendance was 7626, the lowest in the history of the Joel. The average this year is 5151 for 4 home contests. This is the number that may dictate Manning's length of employment.

It will trend up by year's end after Duke and UNC fill the place for their W-S home games and be a misleading, albeit crappy statistic. Manning has to be shown the door regardless of attendance.

Its gonna be hilarious when Currie doesnt fire Manning and hes back next year!

On 1/24/19:
I disagree sportsnut, Manning is gone after this season.

On 2/5/19:
I meant it wont affect whether Manning is fired or not, it could affect the coaching hire though but it likely wont matter as big donors will pay the buyout.

On 2/5/19:
At this point the buyout doesnt matter, Manning is gone at the end of the year regardless.

On 3/13/19:
BTW i still think Manning is gone, if you hear otherwise its completely false.

On 3/13/19:
I know Manning is gone, been saying it for months now.

Currie was hated at each school he worked at and is famously known for conducting the world’s worst coaching search.

www.firejohncurrie.com

He was doomed from Day One at Tn. Phil Fulmer wanted that job and never stopped stabbing Currie in the back. He and his boys sabotaged the football coach deal by telling Mike Leach others not to expect Currie to be there when their contract came up for renegotiation.

Sadly, even the 5k is inflated. More like 3 to 4 ish, IMO, looking at Xavier. Did any one notice the lady Deacs had 9k+ vs Campbell recently?

Sadly, even the 5k is inflated. More like 3 to 4 ish, IMO, looking at Xavier. Did any one notice the lady Deacs had 9k+ vs Campbell recently?

I think they bussed about 8000 kids in from all over the Triad for the event.

Jam the Joel goes back to the 90s.

I have no idea the situation or cause other than they recruited elementary school kids for the event.

It was today, it occurs annually, and it involves 4th graders from all over Forsyth county being bussed in for the game.

I'll never forget the Joel rockin' when we crushed Larry Brown's Kansas team by like 30. The building was literally shaking and it sounded like we blew the roof off!

Yeah, winning cures all ills. The Joel is fine. The coach and the team have not been.... for a looooong time now.

Your memory of the game (and atmosphere) is suspect. Larry Brown had left KU and changed jobs 5 more times before this game.

Back