• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan's latest - Cavs Show Up No-Show Deacs

thedeacfan

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Dan's been reading OGB! Either that, or the FireBuzz website... (You know he didn't research the info below himself.)

"My good friends in the Virginia media contingent all did a double-take when I mentioned that [Redacted] is now 1-25 on the road against ACC competition. What I didn't mention is that the numbers inside the numbers are even more grisly, in that 15 of those losses have been by at least 15 points and nine have been by at least 20."

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...73a-78e5-11e3-9cb1-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

""I’ve never seen a fan come out of the stands and block a shot or grab a rebound or score on anybody or steal the ball.''

I also asked why no timeouts were called early in the second half when Virginia was scoring 10 straight points to extend a 15-point lead to 25.

"Yeah, I mean, but at some point I can call as many timeouts as I want,'' [Redacted] said. "You keep getting the same result.''

is this guy for real

Anyone with a brain does a double-take when confronted with the facts about [Redacted]. It's actually a credit to the AD that they've been able to control the message for this long.

Codi thinks the team is mediocre:

"But like I said before, mediocre teams are supposed to win on at home, no matter what. The great teams go on the road and play their tails off, play their hearts out on the road. That’s what Top 25 teams do."

I'd agree with Codi. This team has the talent to be a bubble team (mediocre) but arguably the worst coach in America so I think we are a little less than mediocre.

Codi thinks the team is mediocre:

"But like I said before, mediocre teams are supposed to win on at home, no matter what. The great teams go on the road and play their tails off, play their hearts out on the road. That’s what Top 25 teams do."

It sounds like he's repeating Buzz's pathetic effort to motivate the team. But instead of motivating them, Buzz convinced them that they were just a mediocre team who was not supposed to win on the road.

This team has ... arguably the worst coach in America.

Considered starting a thread about this. Is there any doubt that he's the worst coach in basketball? I mean, I'm sure 99% of this board would say "no!" in a heartbeat, but I'm wondering if there's a legitimate argument to be made that he is not the worst coach.

""I’ve never seen a fan come out of the stands and block a shot or grab a rebound or score on anybody or steal the ball.''

I also asked why no timeouts were called early in the second half when Virginia was scoring 10 straight points to extend a 15-point lead to 25.

"Yeah, I mean, but at some point I can call as many timeouts as I want,'' [Redacted] said. "You keep getting the same result.''

is this guy for real

what an asshole

When is Dan going to just start outright calling for Bz to be fired? I mean even the most laid back milquetoast sportswriter has got to take a stand at some point. The evidence is overwhelming; nobody is going to blame him, even Bz.

He's tippy toed around the subject long enough. Sack up Donut!

When is Dan going to just start outright calling for Bz to be fired? I mean even the most laid back milquetoast sportswriter has got to take a stand at some point. The evidence is overwhelming; nobody is going to blame him, even Bz.

He's tippy toed around the subject long enough. Sack up Donut!

He said it after the end of last season.

lest ye forget, Dan's previous column 3 days ago sported this:

"Coaches, to my mind, don't out-coach other coaches nearly as often as others seem to think they do.

It obviously does happen. I had the great pleasure of watching Jim Valvano, the most intuitive game coach I ever covered, out-coach a bunch of coaches, especially during N.C. State's magical run to the 1983 national title.

But more often I think a game comes down to which players make the plays they've been coached to make and which ones don't. Or at least that's my take from watching 40 years of ACC basketball. Coaches can put players in a position, but it's still incumbent on the players to get the job done.

When the player gets it done, the coach looks great. When the player doesn't, the coach's seat gets warm.

And there's that great saying I've heard attributed to Pat Riley about what a team is going to do when the play breaks down.

"Because,'' as Riley was famous for saying, "the play will break down.''

There are games, though, when the strategy a coach plots and designs works so well that it deserves not just mention, but high praise. I witnessed such a coaching job by Jeff [Redacted] in last night's 73-67 victory over North Carolina.

But in terms of X's and O's, [Redacted] obviously used the week since the loss at Xavier to prepare the Deacons for the defense he knew the Tar Heels were going to play. Going back to Dean Smith (Frank McGuire preferred a zone to keep his short rotation fresh and out of foul trouble) the Tar Heels have always forced the action defensively by overplaying on the perimeter and deploying the half-court run-and-jump"

""My biggest concern is winning on the road. And I think a lot of people were just happy with beating Carolina at home and that win means nothing now that we’ve come onto the road and got completely embarrassed. It means nothing."

As fans we enjoyed the UNC win- no better feeling than beating the Holes- but Cody my friend, there were very few Wake fans who thought it was enough- I am sure someone thought closing a sea door on the Titanic was enough too but most knew better.

What the hell did Bzz mean by his "never seen a fan run out of the stands" comment?

Seemed completely disconnected from dans question

What the hell did Bzz mean by his "never seen a fan run out of the stands" comment?

Seemed completely disconnected from dans question

Yeah I know, what the heck does that response have anything to do with what Dan asked him?

Does Buzz know that he has a finite amount of timeouts? Is he aware of the rules of basketball? Does he know that f somebody takes a shot and misses we are allowed to take the ball?

That game as abysmal. Totally embarrassing. I was embarrassed to show up to a game like that in my gold and black.

Jeff is a jackass. Team was not prepared. Team looked like a freaking bottom of the barrell mid major. Totally awful.

I saw Wellman in the halls before the game and he got me amped up. Told me he was looking forward to a good game.

ZIPPY chance with this bozo bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzdelick in charge

Sad thing is I actually beleive our talent level is better than UVA.

they cutoff the ability to comment on Dan's column.

That game as abysmal. Totally embarrassing. I was embarrassed to show up to a game like that in my gold and black.

Jeff is a jackass. Team was not prepared. Team looked like a freaking bottom of the barrell mid major. Totally awful.

I saw Wellman in the halls before the game and he got me amped up. Told me he was looking forward to a good game.

Why didn't you punch his smug face?

how did wellman get you amped up? like you saw him and you were energized, like William Wallace was walking the halls?

Back