• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan's latest - Cavs Show Up No-Show Deacs

I know it's been quoted once but this is just awful:

I also asked why no timeouts were called early in the second half when Virginia was scoring 10 straight points to extend a 15-point lead to 25.
"Yeah, I mean, but at some point I can call as many timeouts as I want,'' [Redacted] said. "You keep getting the same result.''

It amazes me that he says these things in a fashion that makes it appear he believes he has no responsibility for it.

That game as abysmal. Totally embarrassing. I was embarrassed to show up to a game like that in my gold and black.

Jeff is a jackass. Team was not prepared. Team looked like a freaking bottom of the barrell mid major. Totally awful.

I saw Wellman in the halls before the game and he got me amped up. Told me he was looking forward to a good game.

ZIPPY chance with this bozo bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzdelick in charge

Sad thing is I actually beleive our talent level is better than UVA.

Don't agree that our team is more talented than UVA's. Though I have said that if Bennett took our guys and Buzzdick took their guys that Bennett would have a better record.

We have an uninspired McKie who long ago checked out but does have ACC level talent to have been a nice 12-14 ppg, 6-7 rpg and effort guy for another coach. CMM & Thomas are certainly ACC level talents. So that's 3 guys and some role players. I still like Moto and think he'll continue to earn minutes and improve. Washington quietly looked good on the defensive end last night and had some nice blocks. Williams can't create for himself but can knockdown open shots. Jones is what he is, a decent enough ball handling back-up PG. And Rountree gives glimpses like he could be something. I bet if he played for Shaka at VCU he'd be way better than he is for us. That's more talent than BC, GT, Clemson and VT.

As for UVA, even though Harris and Mitchell have played like butt most of this year so far, Harris was arguably the best player in the conference last year, and Mitchell was like 3rd team ACC as I recall. Tobey has a nice offensive game. He can hit from outside and is developing decent post moves, especially an unblockable hook. But he's not a good shot blocker for his size and is a bit of a weak link defensively. Brogdon isn't a great shooter but is improving and is a good all around combo G. Perrantes is capably handling the point as a freshman. Anderson is a physical freak but just doesn't have a great hoops IQ at times and struggles with his shot, but if he becomes a better scorer could be all-ACC in a year or 2. And Gill and Atkins are solid front court bench guys. So I disagree our talent level is better than UVA's. UVA was just in a funk offensively in late Nov and Dec and also laid an egg on the defensive side of the court at Tennessee. I still think they go 12-6 in conference and Dance.

I know it's been quoted once but this is just awful:

I also asked why no timeouts were called early in the second half when Virginia was scoring 10 straight points to extend a 15-point lead to 25.
"Yeah, I mean, but at some point I can call as many timeouts as I want,'' [Redacted] said. "You keep getting the same result.''

That quote, along with the one where he says "I don't know" when asked why his teams can't win on the road, should have been tacked and highlighted on Wellman's office door when he arrived for work this morning.

This game is exactly what we needed. Bring on more twenty point crushings on the road and hopefully some at home too. We can't risk getting another nice win like the UNC win for the possibilitly that it may bring.

Scorched earth baby! Bring it on. We may be looking at a 6 game losing streak. Only the state home game could ruin that. We will definitely lose the road games.

Scorched earth baby! Bring it on. We may be looking at a 6 game losing streak. Only the state home game could ruin that. We will definitely lose the road games.

We've probably got a real good shot at beating Va. Tech on the road during that stretch, they are really bad. Now, are they bad enough to lose to us on their court we'll see.

That quote, along with the one where he says "I don't know" when asked why his teams can't win on the road, should have been tacked and highlighted on Wellman's office door when he arrived for work this morning.

Or from last year's Disco Dan column:
I asked [Redacted] afterward his thoughts on the poor rebounding performance.
"We didn’t do a very good job there,'' [Redacted] said.
"Why?'' I followed up.
"Ask them,'' [Redacted] responded, referring to his players. "We work on it. Ask them.''
"Do you have a take on it?'' I tried again.
"We just turn and look at the ball and try to put our heads under the rim,'' [Redacted] replied. "But what we’ve got to do is carve out space. And they’ll tell you, we work on it. We’ve got to carve out space instead of just turning and ball watching.''

Carolina played like utter dog poop against us. If they bring their B game, we are 0-2 and the [Redacted] death march would be in full force.

I doubt it gets lucky enough to catch enough teams on off nights this year.

Bzz comments regarding the timeouts was unreal. Nice work by Dan on this one.

I am buzz out, but I am also player out on this team. I have add many bosses that could not close a book, but I still found err enough pride to work hard and do my best. I see none of that in this team Buzz does not inspire, I get it, but we're is the self respect from the players. I played sports and I would be also tired of this lay down and accept my beating shot, we as fans witness .

I am buzz out, but I am also player out on this team. I have add many bosses that could not close a book, but I still found err enough pride to work hard and do my best. I see none of that in this team Buzz does not inspire, I get it, but we're is the self respect from the players. I played sports and I would be also tired of this lay down and accept my beating shot, we as fans witness .

The players aren't laying down...they aren't given poor effort. They are just not very good at ACC Basketball. I can't see any but one or two of these guys even being recruited by Wake under our last two coaches. You can talk effort all you want. At some point you have to have guys that can play ACC basketball

""I’ve never seen a fan come out of the stands and block a shot or grab a rebound or score on anybody or steal the ball.''

is this guy for real

Yes, this is the same guy that said that even though we got out-rebounded by UNC-Ch in the first half something like 34-16, he said we had a good rebounding effort at the halftime interview.

Carolina played like utter dog poop against us. If they bring their B game, we are 0-2 and the [Redacted] death march would be in full force.

I doubt it gets lucky enough to catch enough teams on off nights this year.

They brought their B or C game to the Dean E Smith Center when they played Miami also.

Back