• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan's Take on Whatever

I definitely don't want Claw to leave but this would be the year if he is going to. I think it is almost certainly going to be a step back year for us next season.

He’s not going anywhere this year. If I had to pin a date in the future, I would say it would most likely be 3-5 years out. Consecutive 1-2 loss seasons will drastically improve his resume.

My thoughts next year.
Clawson stays, Manning goes.

I hope that you are right but the opposite could also be our fate. The retention of Manning this long has to be one of the most incredible lunacies of college basketball ever. The only explanation is that it was Wellman's revenge on his critics among Wake fans. You have to admit the s.o.b. stuck it to us good. And I hope that we will never forget his vengeful perfidy against us all. How and why the BoT and Hatch allowed this is also beyond belief. There is no other way to describe it than treachery, a complete betrayal of trust and reason.

Even Lenox Rawlings would be incredulous at what Wellman has done to our once nationally competitive basketball program.

I think we lost a lot of fans during the late Grobe/early Clawson years/[Redacted]/Manning debacles who simply aren’t coming back.

That period happened to coincide with larger social forces like streaming media including HD sports, mainstreaming of social media, cheap HD TVs, increased criticism of football and the NCAA, that may lessen attendance at live events.

It was the wrong time to suck at sports. We lost people we probably aren’t getting back.

Basketball has sucked for going on a decade now as we had feared.

Those fans.... they gone.

Hey, Wellman :fu:

Basketball has sucked for going on a decade now as we had feared.

Those fans.... they gone.

Hey, Wellman :fu:

Not only do I not bother with Wake basketball anymore, I don’t bother with college basketball anymore. This debacle has killed both for me and, if the Joel crowd is any indication, there are plenty of folks who agree. The last game I watched was the HBU debacle and there were maybe ~300 fans in the stands.

Who cares, if there isn’t an emotional or professional reason to watch a product that is clearly inferior to the NBA and your program shows no signs of or interest in improving?

Anyone know what Dan Collins is up to these days? It's been about 18 months since he last posted on "My Take on Whatever" and the website now appears to no longer exist. This feels like the time of year where he'd weigh in with thoughts on the football season that just unfolded so made me think of him.

Was just curious - at any rate, I hope he's healthy and enjoying retirement.

Anyone know what Dan Collins is up to these days? It's been about 18 months since he last posted on "My Take on Whatever" and the website now appears to no longer exist. This feels like the time of year where he'd weigh in with thoughts on the football season that just unfolded so made me think of him.

Was just curious - at any rate, I hope he's healthy and enjoying retirement.
Thanks for posting as I also have been wondering about Dan and his whereabouts. I have his email as I use to correspond with him regularly during the dark age of Wake basketball. I sent him an email and will reply on this thread if I receive any updates.

Dan is involved with the local music scene. Looks like you can catch him at open mic night at Wiseman.

We're 'friends' on FB. He has been hosting an open mic for several years now. I think it just more recently moved to Wiseman.

His "Tales from the Hardwood" is excellent.

Back