• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

I really do not want to get this thread derailed from the more important pro/anti Coach Clawson and/or Les/Cam stuff.....because this discussion does not belong on this thread....but I will say one thing as a relative of multiple women who have been sexually assaulted and/or harassed in their lives.

If it was UNWANTED, that absolutely IS sexually harassment. Regardless of how long she stayed on the phone or any of that mess. You're a misogynistic ignorant asshole if you think it's not harassment because it's "just phone sex". [EDIT: Clearly you know that based on your statement. You said what he "did to her"...not "with her". How about that fact, jerk?]

She WAS a vendor brought on by the university for a talk with the football team multiple times, ergo was a temporary representative and employee of the University.

Your fucking sickening and disgusting justification of calling a sexual abuse survivor (she had been sexually abused previously in her life) because she had an affair with some other person at one point in her life has ABSOLUTELY no fucking bearing on anything regarding Mel Tucker and is frankly one of the most disgusting things I've heard on these boards.

Even if you disagree with her case or the details of the investigation or want "all the facts to come out", calling her a tramp and money seeking liar is just....there are no words. You need to take a serious look at why this issue has led to you being such a derogatory asshat to someone you do not know, especially regarding the alleged facts of the case.

I'm truly sorry if your girlfriend or wife cheated on you. (actually, scratch that, you don't deserve the love of a woman...or man...or anyone.), but your "message" and method of delivery are completely unnecessary and a complete embarrassment to these message boards.... I honestly think it's ban-worthy, and I don't see how that hasn't occured at this point. To think what other fans of other teams/schools/etc think of us if we allow this shit to happen on here makes me really sad.
Did that make you feel better? Take a Valium.

This may be a terrible decision, and I apologize in advance, but I had to comment again.

To @WFU8184 :

Are you going to feel any different if "when the facts come out" that she was in the right and correct about there being inappropriate behavior and unwanted sexual contact, including phone sex?

Or are you going to continue to call a rape victim a tramp?

Do you have any women in your life? A daughter? If your daughter had an affair with someone, and then was brutally sexually assaulted by four men, and then managed to live her life with depression and anxiety, including suicidal thoughts....and then began to speak out and engage in activism for anti-sexual assault lectures or speaking engagements at Universities and their football programs to try and prevent what she went through from happening to anyone and everyone she could....and one of the coaches from one of those Universities starts to constantly try and date her and give her gifts, and then would talk to her on the phone and say he loves her, and then ultimately took it to the point of masturbating on the phone with her.....and she told you she did not want that to happen or did not ask to engage in those activities.....would you call her a tramp? Would the fact that she had a relationship with another man really change your opinion of her? Would you question her accounts because she felt that the only way that coach would feel some sort of regret or punishment was if it affected his bank account? Would you say she was a liar? Would she be a money seeking tramp?

Or would she be a victim who had experienced terrible things in her past and managed to move on and live with those dark moments? A victim who dedicated her life to try to help others and prevent what happened to her from happening to them, and prevent football players from engaging in any acts that a girl does not want to happen from happening. A victim that felt her main source of income, speaking out at various football programs to try to teach those testosterone-fueled jocks that women are not toys. A victim who felt that she needed to let the little comments or questions about dating her from that coach slide because she knew if she spoke up and said stop that she'd lose her job? Her livelihood? And once it became too much she just had to tell someone. Tell someone that his actions were taking her back to all of the torment and victimization she had gone through before...and that she knew it had to stop. Knowing that even though she felt victimized by his actions, she knew there would be no serious punishment, regardless of what she said....so she felt like he had to be punished....and a guy who just got a $95 million dollar contract probably feels a little entitled and like he can't be touched. And maybe she realized the only thing you can do to the rich and powerful to make them realize what they did was wrong is to take away those riches...to take away that power. Wouldn't she deserve it? Should she just have to accept that sometimes guys will take their dicks out and do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want and that she just has to deal with it and move on to the next University hoping that coach (or anyone associated with the school) doesn't feel he's entitled to her regardless of her wishes?

I sincerely hope you do not have a daughter right now...I can't imagine what she'd say seeing your comments. Or your wife or girlfriend if you have one? (Judging by your incredibly misogynistic incel attitude, I doubt it, but you never know)....How would they feel if they saw that? And if you're still of age to have children, how would they take those comments?

I just can't put any more words to how reprehensible your words have been....and I honestly don't think you realize how scummy guys can be....how scummy guys ARE. There are three women/girls in my family that have been victims of rape and/or sexual assault and harassment. Two by their older relatives...men they trusted. Men who they expected to be safe with and who they regularly would see/visit. Disgusting men who felt they had access to "things" that they could do what they wanted to with, without consequences...and guess what? There were none. Those two women grew up in a time when men had the last say...women were to do what they were told and any sexual activity beyond marital relations were seen as slutty (or as you would say "trampy") by their elders. They couldn't speak up. They couldn't take action. And they've had to live with those repeated acts for years. They had to grow up...they had to find a way to have a real relationship and to trust the men in their lives. They still think about it....any time it's brought up in movies or television. Any time someone famous is accused. Over and over, almost daily during the height of the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements. And any time they saw their family....saw either the victimizers or the people who knew about it and did nothing.

And then there's the one who is still relatively young. Though you could argue what she went through made her grow up real fast. Still going through the process of learning how to be an adult...especially in today's world. They go through the same things mentioned previously except it's more recent. Fresh. The feelings haven't quite left their everyday thoughts. They still feel the sting of it when a guy "accidentally" grabs their ass to move through a crowd. Or tries to get them to drink something they didn't fix themselves or ask for. Or when they have to take an Uber late at night in an area they aren't too familiar with. Or when sleezeballs try to repeat the horrific acts they've experienced...try to take them to secluded areas or the bedroom at the end of the hall at that one house party. And they have to deal with being called a slut or a whore or a tramp when they wear something revealing, or when they complain about being harassed and try to do something about it.

What you don't seem to realize is that the assault just doesn't "go away" months or years later.

They are still living it. All of them. Their entire lives are changed and twisted in unimaginable ways from the first moment until their last.

At least two of my family members have either had attempts or considered committing suicide because of the actions of those men. And those are just the ones I know about. Believe it or not, most abuse victims never admit it to anyone. I have no doubt that more have had terrible experiences in the past. That's how prevalent this shit is. And you call her a tramp. A liar. :cry:

You obviously don't understand what sexual abuse truly is or what it does to people. I'm traumatized and that's only from hearing their accounts of it. Their stories frighten me. And I don't have any kids, but may in the future....and God help me if I have a daughter....I don't know if I could handle it. Or hell, how I could handle a son who sees the kind of shitposts that people like you post online that could one day indoctrinate them into the mold of a person who feels they don't have to respect women or girls....and they start the cycle over again. I honestly don't know if I want kids, and that's a big part of it.

You just don't get it...and it's a shame. I'm one of those people that tries to make sure someone understands me, so I tend to tell long stories or send long texts, or make long message board posts (as you can tell)...but I don't think I could say enough to make you understand what your words can do to people. I can't imagine what the few women on here feel like. Go ahead and alienate even more of them while you're at it, eh?

In summation....Seriously. Fuck you! You DARVO motherfucker.

😝👈💩➕☠️⚰️⚱️
You wrote a compelling response and ended it like a complete fool. I’m not taking Tuckers side, and will keep an open mind until all the facts come out. But this woman was trying to delete messages from her dying friend’s phone and computer instead of supporting her in the hospital. You need to read all of the filings by Tucker’s attorneys. I predict that Tuckers breach of contract case will settle before ligation or discovery go very far, so we will probably never know the true facts. But allegations are just that- allegations. I’m skeptical about her story and her affair with a marrried man (Stoudamire)who she had the same business relationship with is evidence of a pattern of conduct. It’s sad that people can’t disagree, even strongly, without the vicious personal attacks that are condoned by the mods of this board.

Thought you were supposed to pm individual posters you had a problem with? Ah right only applies to Les.
This is a very strange post from a very strange poster.

But while I've got your attention, I'm still waiting for a response from you on the other thread!

The lob passes/contested catches are part of the mesh or slow mesh philosophy for success.

We don't make those and we lose the game, whoever we play.

How did you accomplish this herculean feat? I thought the evil geniuses at 247 made it impossible to cancel!!!
I sent three emails over a 4 week period ahead of the renewal date, and never got a response. I then was charged on my credit card statement, despite the emails, and had to dispute the charge with my bank. It is a very annoying process.

Sounds like starters have given up on Mitch and May hit the portal if we don’t fix this crap.
I think that we need to accept the fact that the majority of our 1st team skill players on offense will be leaving after this season.
And I hope that Clawson and co have already accepted it. Playing the 2nd and 3rd team receivers on Saturday could be a sign that they have.

I sent three emails over a 4 week period ahead of the renewal date, and never got a response. I then was charged on my credit card statement, despite the emails, and had to dispute the charge with my bank. It is a very annoying process.

E-mailing a 24/7/Rivals/On3 cancelation and expecting an outcome is a level of extreme confidence I’ve never even considered

I think that is how they tell you to cancel it - which would make sense, because it surely never gets done.

It worked for me but it sounds like I got lucky.

This 1995-era "sign them up and keep your hands in their pocket as long as possible by any means necessary" approach is indefensible. It's great that one or two people actually got their subscription cancelled by emailing, calling, etc., but in 2023 (much like 2013) cancelling should be a click and confirm, 20-second process.

The only reason to make it hard to cancel is because you don't believe in your product. Yes, journalism is hard now. But holding your customers' credit cards hostage is not an acceptable or effective way to address that.

Semi-related aside: anyone else remember that Real Networks audio format that turned into some sort of a subscription thing back in the day? You had to email, call, what-the-fuck-ever to cancel that subscription. I ended up having to cancel a credit card to get those assholes out of my pocket, after multiple emails and calls. So, yes, perhaps I have subscription trauma. But it's an unacceptable business model in 2023.

Semi-related clarification for that one cat who can't process words correctly: I want Les and Conor to make all the money. I would just like them to do it on some other platform. I'd love for them to win Pulitzers and make millions, somewhere else. But let me be clear. Those antiquated (in technology and design, as well as customer retention policies) sports networks simply cannot go out of business and be forgotten soon enough.

Everyone has their hill. I guess this is mine.

You can always ask your bank to issue you a new card and it stops this kind of nonsense in its tracks. They'll come out of the woodwork to find you with "please stay" emails. Can be a pain to change with reputable vendors but sometimes worth it. And absolutely never give any similar type vendor the ability to draft your bank account. NEVER. Duke Power or Verizon? Maybe. But not some of these other clowns who run help desks from kitchen tables.

You wrote a compelling response and ended it like a complete fool. I’m not taking Tuckers side, and will keep an open mind until all the facts come out. But this woman was trying to delete messages from her dying friend’s phone and computer instead of supporting her in the hospital. You need to read all of the filings by Tucker’s attorneys. I predict that Tuckers breach of contract case will settle before ligation or discovery go very far, so we will probably never know the true facts. But allegations are just that- allegations. I’m skeptical about her story and her affair with a marrried man (Stoudamire)who she had the same business relationship with is evidence of a pattern of conduct. It’s sad that people can’t disagree, even strongly, without the vicious personal attacks that are condoned by the mods of this board.
Calling someone a tramp in 6 separate posts isn't disagreeing it's victim shaming. It's misogyny. You threatened physical violence to a member of this community. You have repeatedly referred to people as "assholes".

If you think it's sad that people can't disagree in that fashion...then i have even greater questions about your moral character.

Can’t keep track of the amount of internet points, schrute bucks, and virtue nickels issued in this saga.

Clawson Credibilimeter sits at 5.3. I look forward to next month’s 8.5 after we snag a top transfer QB week 1 into the portal and all our good players return.

He knew his takes were so vile and disgusting he attempted to change his board handle to return as an acceptable poster under an alias. His misogyny and disgusting behavior towards woman is so intrinsic to who he is he couldn’t last a couple of days before the veil was pulled back exposing him once again. The only positive to be said is that at least after he was exposed the doubling down shows acceptance of himself.

Calling someone a tramp in 6 separate posts isn't disagreeing it's victim shaming. It's misogyny. You threatened physical violence to a member of this community. You have repeatedly referred to people as "assholes".

If you think it's sad that people can't disagree in that fashion...then i have even greater questions about your moral character.

I mean, some of us are actually assholes sometimes.

Back