• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

It was one thing for it to be all over the bigger college football thread but come on folks. Start a different thread or yell at each other over PM. Better idea: just block each other.
I mean, credibility is in the thread title, right? We could just change it to the Dave Clawson and Brenda Tracy Credibility Watch.

Misogyny and disgusting thoughts will be called out on every thread be it a poster, a shitty religious institution (liberty), or other. If you don’t like it tough shit because you just come off as an enabler when complaining or privileged because you want to look the other way and operate in a safe space.

One thing we all as fans should remember. No one takes losses harder than a coach and their family. Literally, their entire lively hood is wrapped up by wins and losses. My Dad always told me that sports game results aren't life and death...and they shouldn't be, BUT for coaches who get paid millions or just thousands to do the job, it is almost everything. This season is eating away at Coach Clawson and his assistants. Hell, some of the assistants probably know they are looking for new jobs in a month and they are not looking from a strong position.

Clawson's reaction raises his credibility with me.

Misogyny and disgusting thoughts will be called out on every thread be it a poster, a shitty religious institution (liberty), or other. If you don’t like it tough shit because you just come off as an enabler when complaining or privileged because you want to look the other way and operate in a safe space.
That should be called out. You are correct. But anytime those posters post about anything at all does not require rehashing the entire conversation. You’re just feeding the trolls at that point. And I’m also telling 22 or whatever his name is today to also shut up about it.

One thing we all as fans should remember. No one takes losses harder than a coach and their family. Literally, their entire lively hood is wrapped up by wins and losses. My Dad always told me that sports game results aren't life and death...and they shouldn't be, BUT for coaches who get paid millions or just thousands to do the job, it is almost everything. This season is eating away at Coach Clawson and his assistants. Hell, some of the assistants probably know they are looking for new jobs in a month and they are not looking from a strong position.

Clawson's reaction raises his credibility with me.

There is no way [Redacted] took it that personally. No chance anyone with any sense of self awareness would be as smug and detached from reality as he was with fans, yet go home and cry himself to sleep over losses.

There is no way [Redacted] took it that personally. No chance anyone with any sense of self awareness would be as smug and detached from reality as he was with fans, yet go home and cry himself to sleep over losses.
It definitely didn't seem like Manning cared about losing or anything at all really either

Where did I miss the part where a thread about Dave Clawson turned into something about sleeping with somebody and Tucker (Mel I guess)?

Redacted and Danny without the Miracles were certainly exceptions to the rule. And of course Wellman found himself in love with them.

I have no word about any football assistant coach changes, but I work with someone who is married to an assistant football coach (not at WFU) and you can sense her tension this time of year. Her husband has been a "hot name" and been literally looking for work after the last few seasons, but the tension is the same. The coaching carousel affects hundred of families as everyone looks for landing spot. My conversations with her have changed my perception of the coaching profession.

If wins and losses don't concern your coaches, then you hired the wrong coaches. Old Donnie from Greensboro is right on in that respect.

If I’m a married woman and this crusader for good is visiting my husband’s campus or organization and has a sexual relationship with him, I’m going after the tramp with a lawyer. In NC, we call that alienation of affections/criminal conversation. People are forgetting about the wives of these coaches.

Are you married to a man? Got no problem with it. Just curious.

That should be called out. You are correct. But anytime those posters post about anything at all does not require rehashing the entire conversation. You’re just feeding the trolls at that point. And I’m also telling 22 or whatever his name is today to also shut up about it.
Bring it on, deacdixieBOY.

Back