• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

Didn’t the sideline reporter at halftime say Clawson said the first half TD drive was all about trick plays but it’s like Clawson apologizes for that.

(I originally mistyped it Flawson. Speaks volumes that we have had to resort to that yet.)

Who is more credible: Clawson or Forbes? Please show your work.

Who is more credible: Clawson or Forbes? Please show your work.
Forbes solely based on conference record which blows Clawson out of the water. He also doesn’t bitch and moan about NIL all the time while continuing to go out and get good transfers. Frankly, I feel much better about the direction and future of Wake bball than Wake football. That doesn’t mean I feel great about either.

What are the chances Clawson lets go some Assistant Coaches? QBs and Offensive line maybe. Will we shitcan the slow mesh and revamp the offense? Our head coach has some real tough decisions to make. Painful ones. Clawson has shown he is capable of that in the past.

What are the chances Clawson lets go some Assistant Coaches? QBs and Offensive line maybe. Will we shitcan the slow mesh and revamp the offense? Our head coach has some real tough decisions to make. Painful ones. Clawson has shown he is capable of that in the past.
While he has let go of assistant coaches, they haven’t been the ones that have been with him for a long time.

While he has let go of assistant coaches, they haven’t been the ones that have been with him for a long time.
Scheier had been with Clawson for a while.

I’m thinking we mix things up at WR. Possibly Lineberg (both TE and Special teams have disappointed this year), maybe Chip West - but he’s only been here one year and cornerback has been comparable to previous years, so he’ll probably get another year to improve things.

Tabacca has some capital and will probably still be here.

I could also see some restructuring.

Clawson also needs to plan to spend his summer here fixing this mess instead of in Europe

Think about the millions that have been poured into both revenue sports wrt facilities in the past 4-5 years. Well over $100M!!

And yet here we are. My future contributions, aside from Deacon Club dues, are going directly to NIL. Buildings are clearly NOT the answer at this time.

Scheier had been with Clawson for a while.

I’m thinking we mix things up at WR. Possibly Lineberg (both TE and Special teams have disappointed this year), maybe Chip West - but he’s only been here one year and cornerback has been comparable to previous years, so he’ll probably get another year to improve things.

Tabacca has some capital and will probably still be here.

I could also see some restructuring.
Tabacca should have been gone long before this point. Even his better lines with a couple NFL players would typically get worked against any above-mediocre front 7s.

Back