• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Coach Luncheon - Thursday: We are very lucky to have [Redacted]?

Maybe I'm alone, but I think Stan Cotton is awful. He sounds like he's making church bulletin announcements. During his game broadcasts, too. You wanna talk about automatons - Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: STAN COTTON! Hope you brought a pillow ...

If you've never done his job,it's hard to get excited about what he's had to watch this season...

Not as bad as I expected. The end was actually pretty funny...when he says he told Cav to keep shooting because he was open and then his wife asked when he got home that night......why in the world did you do that? It was a little odd at the end when he praised Cav's hustle and then joked......I just wish he'd make a shot once in a while........while walking off but I think that's just his sense of humor, not a dig. Different cat this dude is.

I think the issue with his coaching might just be that the kids are almost shamed into thinking too much. He's a heady kind of guy that preaches thinking, not reacting or playing, that's why he ran so many players off. If I thought his method and style would work, I'd stick with him and let it play out. I'm not sure it fits the college game though. Pretty sure Wellman is going to stick with him at least another year, if not two more.

If this is so, then we'll be forever "slow." Thinking is slower than reacting. I've heard that Coach K does the opposite - teaches his players to react instead of think. You just need to train players on what those reactions are.

If you've never done his job,it's hard to get excited about what he's had to watch this season...

Yeah, I know. I expected to draw some heat for this (and did), but at the end of the day it's just my personal opinion. I certainly don't have an anti-Stan agenda or anything. In other news, I felt a little bad for Hoover, as it was obvious no one really wanted to ask her any questions. Thankfully a few kind souls piped up and allowed her to save a bit of face. As for Jeff, I had to stop watching because he kept jerking his head from side to side, like he was being slapped by an invisible hand or something. Made me nauseous. Perhaps Wellman needs more practice operating his Remote-O-Jeff controller, I dunno. Glad I saved my $12 and spent it on Triscuits and beer instead ...

I like the 22:50 point of the video when he uses the ""No excuses, but..." excuse.

If this is so, then we'll be forever "slow." Thinking is slower than reacting. I've heard that Coach K does the opposite - teaches his players to react instead of think. You just need to train players on what those reactions are.

Cav would have made that shot yesterday if K were his coach.

Not worth watching, unless you just want to laugh at BuzzIn people.

At the 33 minute mark, this "question" was asked:

"First let me say, you are doing a fantastic job at Wake Forest, and we're very lucky to have you."

*Room spontaneously bursts into applause*

Seriously.

Wow, sounds like Ron did a good job of getting a bunch of his toadies in the room.

Wake needs a new coach before next season. The sooner the better.

Back