• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Coach Luncheon - Thursday: We are very lucky to have [Redacted]?

Throwing the players under the bus from the get go.

Last edited:
On his rado show last night Bzz says that he's learning from all of the losses...by now he should be smarter than Einstein!

The fat cat's are just sucking up to Wellman. I'm sure they're pissed but they're not going to cut off the program and jeopardize their standing in the pecking order. If I'd won that lottery I'd buy that athletic department and set shit straight.

Pecking order for what? Getting a front-row seat at a game to watch us lose by 30 with 800 other people in attendance? I can spend 3 bucks outside and get right behind them in that pecking order.

On his rado show last night Bzz says that he's learning from all of the losses...by now he should be smarter than Einstein!

I appreciate that Ronnie hired a coach to run an NCAA top 25 type team that still has a lot to learn from losses. I guess he doesn't have enough wins to to learn from those.

Pecking order for what? Getting a front-row seat at a game to watch us lose by 30 with 800 other people in attendance? I can spend 3 bucks outside and get right behind them in that pecking order.

Same pecking order needed for those valuable ACC Tournament tickets also

They're only valuable if you're selling them to fans of teams who could win it.

Exactly. I don't believe we sold out our allotment last year, and there is no way in hell we do it this year.

Not as bad as I expected. The end was actually pretty funny...when he says he told Cav to keep shooting because he was open and then his wife asked when he got home that night......why in the world did you do that? It was a little odd at the end when he praised Cav's hustle and then joked......I just wish he'd make a shot once in a while........while walking off but I think that's just his sense of humor, not a dig. Different cat this dude is.

I think the issue with his coaching might just be that the kids are almost shamed into thinking too much. He's a heady kind of guy that preaches thinking, not reacting or playing, that's why he ran so many players off. If I thought his method and style would work, I'd stick with him and let it play out. I'm not sure it fits the college game though. Pretty sure Wellman is going to stick with him at least another year, if not two more.

BillGeorge has made the transition from Wellman minion to BzzOut maybe even WellmanOut.

I applaud you.

BillGeorge has made the transition from Wellman minion to BzzOut maybe even WellmanOut.

I applaud you.

Me too. I used to disagree with this guy. Now we are on the same side. Strange.

Wow. That would be like me getting 94 and LK to go to church.

Was this an older woman who said basically the same thing on Grobe's last radio show? Must be a Wellman plant who got 100 Deacon Club points in return for asking the question.

Not worth watching, unless you just want to laugh at BuzzIn people.

At the 33 minute mark, this "question" was asked:

"First let me say, you are doing a fantastic job at Wake Forest, and we're very lucky to have you."

*Room spontaneously bursts into applause*

Seriously.

Was this an older woman who said basically the same thing on Grobe's last radio show? Must be a Wellman plant who got 100 Deacon Club points in return for asking the question.

Bracess?

Rumor has it Deacvision7 himself negotiated the conversion.

The day Bz was hired I spoke to a DC official that convinced me Bz was the right hire. I gave him a chance until the 30+ point home loss to State last year. I have just not been as vocal on the boards. Further, it is time for Wellman to retire. The vines are rotting. Who is this D7 person you speak of?

Maybe I'm alone, but I think Stan Cotton is awful. He sounds like he's making church bulletin announcements. During his game broadcasts, too. You wanna talk about automatons - Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: STAN COTTON! Hope you brought a pillow ...

I love Stan. He can't help that he has to cover horrible sporting events that he can't get excited about. Some of his calls during the '06 football season were great.

Back