• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Coach Luncheon - Thursday: We are very lucky to have [Redacted]?

That is exactly why my crew didn't go. Who needs to eat a crappy lunch and listen to that bullshit?

I don't care what the environment was... if I was present (even if I wasn't planning to speak up), I would have audibly laughed enough to make everybody in the venue feel sufficiently awkward after that was said.

I understand. Some people are Buzz-in. Like any real debate; there are rational things the people on the opposing side could base their position on. Arguing he could do a good job at WF is defensible. Saying he has is utterly ridiculous.

Are these lunches a regularly scheduled thing? If so, when is the next one?

Not worth watching, unless you just want to laugh at BuzzIn people.

At the 33 minute mark, this "question" was asked:

"First let me say, you are doing a fantastic job at Wake Forest, and we're very lucky to have you."

*Room spontaneously bursts into applause*

Seriously.

Not at the computer. Is this moment gif worthy at all?

Having watched the video in its entirety, it has become abundantly clear that this small, but powerful, group of people live in their own world and have ZERO idea of what is required to compete in major college athletics.

Not at the computer. Is this moment gif worthy at all?

Nah the camera was on [Redacted] the whole time unfortunately. I would have loved to try and figure out who asked it.

This guy said "we're lucky to have you?" Somebody needs to make sure he's never allowed in any AIDS treatment facilities.

Having watched the video in its entirety, it has become abundantly clear that this small, but powerful, group of people live in their own world and have ZERO idea of what is required to compete in major college athletics.

They probably think bad culture is required.

"First let me say, you are doing a fantastic job at Wake Forest, and we're very lucky to have you."

Seriously.

For real? Who the fuck attends these luncheons?

Anybody else notice how he contradicts himself in the speech within two sentences around the 23-25:00 marker? He says "I don't care how long it takes" "we'll be in here for 3 hours or more, until we get it right" and then goes on to say "I've shortened practice. I won't have them stay any longer than 2 hours at the most."

Nothing really too big, but typical Bz doublespeak.

Seriously.

This is the same group that ran Dino out of town on a rail. Fuck the 2%.

Haha, at 42min, [Redacted] says he's "looking forward to getting duke back in [the Joel]". Given their performance, and ours, probably not the best team to talk shit about.

The fat cat's are just sucking up to Wellman. I'm sure they're pissed but they're not going to cut off the program and jeopardize their standing in the pecking order. If I'd won that lottery I'd buy that athletic department and set shit straight.

Seriously.
It's interesting how Bz responded to that remark. Like he thought the guy was half joking and responded with something along the lines of "Yeah, I know I haven't won at all here. I'm trying. It pains me with how much losing has happened around here these past couple years."

Last edited:
The fat cat's are just sucking up to Wellman. I'm sure they're pissed but they're not going to cut off the program and jeopardize their standing in the pecking order. If I'd won that lottery I'd buy that athletic department and set shit straight.

Great post.

Truly wealthy people have no part of this. The wealthy always control the situation and manage the risk (Phil Knight, Boone Pickens, etc.). Otherwise, they wouldn't be wealthy. These people are just fools with daddy's inheritance looking to fill some time in their day.

Haha. All these big wigs and they're beholden to Wellman.

Remember when "In Wellman I Trust" was the boards mantra.

Haha. All these big wigs and they're beholden to Wellman.

Remember when "In Wellman I Trust" was the boards mantra.

Oh yea....been a long time for me though...maybe 2004 I quit that after a few things happened with RW. Got off that train then. Was before my time I guess.

Back