• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon

That's how I read it - or at least SJM is as close to seeing the court as Bilas - whether b/c of talent or effort, I don't know. Seems like a short answer out of frustration with the player.

When I finally watched the video (posted in GA Southern KP thread), it came across as less of a dig. Manning was laughing a bit when he said it. I just don't think SJM is in the rotation at this point in time... Especially against an opponent like Queens. If we came across a team w/ a number of bigs, I think we'd see some SJM.

Just seems like Manning wants Doral to be the guy... And that Sarr has already jumped SJM on the C depth chart.

Seeing Manning say the comment appears to take the edge off a little, but he's our only healthy scholarship player that didn't play. Washington was injured, right?

Does ACCNE also mean ESPN3? Can anyone confirm?
Yes. It's on the Watch ESPN (formerly ESPN3) website/app. Also on the ACC website and maybe on the ACC app but I've never tried it since the ESPN normally works well and the ACC app doesn't really have much to interest me in using it.

only thing that would make much sense to me re: Sam is that he just didn't do shit in the offseason and it's an effort thing

Games are archived on WatchESPN right away, correct? I won't be able to watch until about 9:30 and I'm going to try to stay away from phone alerts until then.

How many minutes do you all think Melo and Mitchell will combine for tonight?

Games are archived on WatchESPN right away, correct? I won't be able to watch until about 9:30 and I'm going to try to stay away from phone alerts until then.

9-11

Yeah generally archived pretty close to when the game ends. I've started watching within 20-30 minutes after the game ended when I've had to miss the game.

Yes, I think so. That is my plan, as well. Wife has convinced me that tonight should be a "date night."

Will miss the realtime game thread, though.

Preseason Deacon Basketball Discussion

#neverforget

That they are in the rotation.

I'm thinking 14.

55 minutes of Moore, Sarr, and Thompson
14 min of Melo and Mitchell at the 4
11 min of four guards (Chaundee at the 4)

GA Southern I believe tends to play 4 guards quite a bit.

So maybe more four guard lineups.

I think if we had two legit post scorers, Manning would force them to go big but our strength is guard play.

I️ highly doubt there is any correlation between SJM not playing and the knife incident.

If Manning were trying to discipline a player because of questionable behavior off the court, he’d have just suspended SJM. He’s done it before. Multiple times, in fact. Even without commenting specifically on an incident... Just saying “violation of team rules” or something to that effect.

I️ really think it’s just that SJM hadn’t earned minutes and/or Manning thought it was a bad matchup for him.

As Skip used to say, it’s not like Halloween. Just because you’re wearing a uniform doesn’t mean you’re going to get any candy.

TITCR

Back