• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon

he probably did that so he could fit craw on to one to appease little bilas.

I'll be interested to see how Colson does this year after losing some shooters. I'm a big fan, but don't get 1st Team AA vibes from him.

Wake appears to be 13 point favorites tomorrow night. That would be sweet to start off with a blowout, but I'd take the points if I was forced to bet the game. GA Southern has two big time scorers & not sure Wake's defense will be able to prevent enough buckets to create a blowout.

SJM was the only scholarship player who didn't play, Coach (besides Wash who's injured).

It really is weird. Watching SJM on the bench last year celebrating after big plays and even when he was in the game, he seemed like a really good kid. One of the last dudes I'd expect to be in the doghouse.

Last edited:
SJM was the only scholarship player who didn't play, Coach (besides Wash who's injured).

It really is weird. Watching SJM on the bench last year celebrating after big plays and even when he was in the game, he seemed like a really good kid. One of the last dudes I'd expect to be in the doghouse.

Well yeah. That's before he tried to cut a bloke.

Preseason Deacon Basketball Discussion

Manning certainly keeps all aspects of his program close to the vest.

I️ don’t mind it, especially when things appear to be on the upswing. But it’s not going to be endearing when things aren’t so good.

I️ know he wants to keep whatever is going on with SJM internal, but that’s just a bad answer to a simple question. Unless his answer was meant to imply that SJM is a walk-on level player... Which is just mean.

I️ don’t mind it, especially when things appear to be on the upswing. But it’s not going to be endearing when things aren’t so good.

I️ know he wants to keep whatever is going on with SJM internal, but that’s just a bad answer to a simple question. Unless his answer was meant to imply that SJM is a walk-on level player... Which is just mean.

Especially since it was part of an ongoing series of questions about our bigs.

I️ highly doubt there is any correlation between SJM not playing and the knife incident.

If Manning were trying to discipline a player because of questionable behavior off the court, he’d have just suspended SJM. He’s done it before. Multiple times, in fact. Even without commenting specifically on an incident... Just saying “violation of team rules” or something to that effect.

I️ really think it’s just that SJM hadn’t earned minutes and/or Manning thought it was a bad matchup for him.

As Skip used to say, it’s not like Halloween. Just because you’re wearing a uniform doesn’t mean you’re going to get any candy.

Definitely. The other C's barely played. If SJM is 3rd, that's why he didn't play.

Maybe Danny needs the scholarship.

Edit: Maybe I should make it clear I'm not being serious.

Last edited:

That's how I read it - or at least SJM is as close to seeing the court as Bilas - whether b/c of talent or effort, I don't know. Seems like a short answer out of frustration with the player.

Back