• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs/Gardner Webb Game Thread

So they made the 3 before 1 minute on the clock, and we somehow got to 52 seconds on the clock before a TO was called with no 5 second call.

Works for me!

Ty Walker saves Deacs from the clutches of Gardner-Webb! A New Era!

Somebody said they watched a summer game and Carson looked like he "hated playing basketball." Still seems that way to me. He's not having any fun, and is listless.

Good description.

Happy the Deacs got the W. Sagarin had them favored by 8 and he nails it. Props to Ty for a really solid game.

Great Win! I don't know if there is another coach in America who could lead this team to an 8 pt. win over this GW squad.

Wake Forest Basketball 2012: We are not finished lowering your expectations yet!

TY with 12 and 9 in 23 min. And 5 off rb.

Last edited:
FWIW 5 Deacs with exams yesterday.

Let's see how they play on Wed, always a tricky game right after exams.

I still remember that DePaul game a few years ago where we stunk it up at home.

It's not like this game was some aberration from the norm. So I don't see much reason to blame the performance on exams.

Ty says he and buzz had a long talk and "settled our differences." He said he was a detriment to the team with his sulking, head hanging, and taking it out on his teammates. Says time is running out and he wants to be a difference maker in his time remaining.

Wants to be a positive influence for the rest of the year.

Pretty interesting comments I thought.

Ty sounded really positive on the post game. Maybe he's finally got his head on straight.

Somebody said they watched a summer game and Carson looked like he "hated playing basketball." Still seems that way to me. He's not having any fun, and is listless.

He needs to understand the $ he could make if he gets his head on straight. Overseas those guys are pulling in 300K or more per year.

Back