• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs Seton Hall Game Thread

If we had a big body to go against Pope, this game would have been drmaatically different.

When you have no big bodies you aren't going to rebound or defend inside well. It's just that simple.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

If we had a big body to go against Pope, this game would have been drmaatically different.

When you have no big bodies you aren't going to rebound or defend inside well. It's just that simple.

Not arguing on this point. However, I would add we need MORE than just a big body to be a good team.

RJ, can you believe Carson is STILL putting the ball on the floor after rebounds? This stuff should be taught in middle school.

What was Kenpom's prediction? I've been impressed with Sagarin this week. Had us beating HPt. by 5, and losing to the Hall by 11.

80-67. Was obviously off on the score, but the spread was nearly dead on.

KenPom is much, much better than Sagarin in terms of judging expected performance for CBB.

80-67. Was obviously off on the score, but the spread was nearly dead on.

KenPom is much, much better than Sagarin in terms of judging expected performance for CBB.

Sagarin's been around so long I just go there first. Got to get over to kenpom and see what it's all about it. From what I gather, it's like sabremetrics applied to basketball. Does that sound right?

It was, but it was hard to suppress my excitement.

With regard to Ty being called for goaltending, return to feeling excited.

Went back and looked and Ty got credit for the block, no goaltending. The ball went off a Seton Hall player and both refs pointed Wake's way. The announcers got it wrong.

I predict the Deacs will bounce back strong and eke out a 3-4 point win against Gardner Webb. What does Kenpom have to say about that game?

Conference games? I'm in.

Nice, let's do it. 3.5 conference games. I'm a law student living on loans, so I don't exactly have anything fancy to bet you. I'd bet you small amounts of money or alcohol though.

Nice, let's do it. 3.5 conference games. I'm a law student living on loans, so I don't exactly have anything fancy to bet you. I'd bet you small amounts of money or alcohol though.

I'm in BME grad school and broke as well.

Not arguing on this point. However, I would add we need MORE than just a big body to be a good team.

RJ, can you believe Carson is STILL putting the ball on the floor after rebounds? This stuff should be taught in middle school.

The fact that his hands are so weak makes this worse. I can't imagine he isn't taught to keep the ball high. My guess is he's afraid he'll lose it.

C'mon, Eric Williams didn't learn to do that in four years... I remember losing my voice in the first five minutes of the Florida game at the garden because he had like 5 offensive rebounds that should have been easy put-backs... It should be, but how many big men actually do it?

Fewest post game new threads ever??

APATHY

"the era of unwiped ass is upon us"
--Winston Churchill

Did Ty play that poorly?

buckets was at the game and said that he was sulking, but I thought he did okay for his first game of the year, and looked better than last year. Also thought he got hit with some questionable calls.

Did Ty play that poorly?

buckets was at the game and said that he was sulking, but I thought he did okay for his first game of the year, and looked better than last year. Also thought he got hit with some questionable calls.

I thought he played fine. Didn't make any huge mistakes on offense, and on defense I can't remember a time where he was woefully out of position. He grabbed a couple boards and altered or blocked several shots. I think he gave Herb Pope more trouble than Nikita or Carson, so that was nice.

Last night was it for me, I am going to find something more productive to do with my time. This program has no identity or purpose. Ifeel sorry for our kids they didn't sign up for this mess.

With each passing week my apathy about this program grows. If diehard nutjobs who post here don't care, it doesn't say anything good about our program. Bzz must go.

Gosh, the voice of reason, the calm, reassuring, logical DeacMan of yesteryear has turned so bitter. Really hate to see it as his calming reassuredness added a lot to many threads over the years.

Note: This post is in no way intended as a comment on buzzin/buzzout or even Lobo. It is simply directed toward DeacMan's apathy toward the program.

Crazy thing is we could definitely win our next 4, get Green back healthy for some sub minutes, and go into Va Tech home game at 10-4.

And Va Tech no longer has Delaney or big ass Allen.

11-4; 1-0 ACC is actually not that far fetched and we are not even good.

Back