• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs Seton Hall Game Thread

Gosh, the voice of reason, the calm, reassuring, logical DeacMan of yesteryear has turned so bitter. Really hate to see it as his calming reassuredness added a lot to many threads over the years.

Note: This post is in no way intended as a comment on buzzin/buzzout or even Lobo. It is simply directed toward DeacMan's apathy toward the program.

I'm plenty calm. It's sad, really. I simply have grown apathetic about the program because it is obvious we aren't going anywhere with this guy as our coach. He's 60 years old. We don't really have time to wait on him. Because by the time we compete again coaches will be using his age against us in recruiting. Such a bad hire on so many levels.

I think the idea of blaming coach [Redacted] for taking a job that was offered to him is ridiculous. What should he have done? He's not done anything that he hadn't done at previous stops. Be upset with RW if you want but I don't get all the hate towards Coach.

How true. Is it OK with you if we blame him for continuing to display the same incompetence he displayed at those "previous stops"? The only qualification he had for this job was knowing Ron Wellman. We need to put this disgraceful chapter (and Buzz) behind us and move on!

Hey easy fellow Texan - I watched the game. We were outrebounded 31 to 23 (this has been a pattern). If you look at their regular fg % (exclude 3s), they had their way with us inside on scoring. We can't win without defense and rebounding. Period. I don't care what kind of system we use. I was not a BZ-outer until the Ariz State game. I don't think this guy is an ACC-caliber coach.

+1

First you are making an incorrect assumption. We will never be a winning program with Ron's buddy as coach. The only place Buzz can take this program is mediocrity. If you think I'm going to get excited because we beat teams like Nebraska once in a while, you're wrong. Buzz getting lucky and having a "winning" season may be enough for you, but not me. We will never be competitive year in and year out with Duke and Carolina as long as we have the Buzzzz.
There is nothing in the way Dino was terminated or the way Buzz was hired that brings honor to Wake Forest. You want to correct the culture, there's where you can start. I'm NEVER going to forgive Buzz (or Ron) for doing this to our basketball program. Further, I'm losing respect for President Hatch every day that he allows this disgrace to continue.

BuzzOut... till he's gone.

Without addressing anything else, if your standard for being happy is to be competitive with Duke and Carolina "year in and year out" then until the college basketball landscape changes drastically, you are going to remain disappointed, pretty much forever, no matter who our coach is. Sure, we have had periods of success against both programs, but, there are very few programs in the country, if any, who are on a par with those two on a year-in, year-out basis. And, that is not portraying a LOWF attitude, that is just reality. Until burger boys stops clamoring to wear one of the two shades of blue, it will be hard to hang with them on a consistent basis.

Without addressing anything else, if your standard for being happy is to be competitive with Duke and Carolina "year in and year out" then until the college basketball landscape changes drastically, you are going to remain disappointed, pretty much forever, no matter who our coach is. Sure, we have had periods of success against both programs, but, there are very few programs in the country, if any, who are on a par with those two on a year-in, year-out basis. And, that is not portraying a LOWF attitude, that is just reality. Until burger boys stops clamoring to wear one of the two shades of blue, it will be hard to hang with them on a consistent basis.

Sorry, but LOWF is exactly what your version of reality is. Accepting Buzz is another way of saying "Why bother, we can't compete with Duke and Carolina anyway." Your attitude is why we have someone like Buzz in the first place. I guess my goals for the program are a little higher than yours and Ron's.

It wasn't that long ago that we beat Duke and Carolina on our home court just a few days apart. And I used to feel that we had a chance to win everytime we played, no matter who or where. That feeling is long gone and will not be back with Buzz. If you don't believe me, just ask the other 13,000 people who are not showing up at the home games.

Sorry, but LOWF is exactly what your version of reality is. Accepting Buzz is another way of saying "Why bother, we can't compete with Duke and Carolina anyway." Your attitude is why we have someone like Buzz in the first place. I guess my goals for the program are a little higher than yours and Ron's.

It wasn't that long ago that we beat Duke and Carolina on our home court just a few days apart. And I used to feel that we had a chance to win everytime we played, no matter who or where. That feeling is long gone and will not be back with Buzz. If you don't believe me, just ask the other 13,000 people who are not showing up at the home games.

If we beat UNC or Duke this year, then do you consent to posting a photograph of your foot in your mouth?

Seriously. I don't think anybody disagrees with you. We're rebuilding with 9 scholarship players, two of whom are not really a part of our future, and our young guys are really putting in a solid effort. Bzz'in or Bzz'out we're going to suck for at least the next six months.

And, you know what? He's not getting fired until April, at the earliest, so please...You can call a horse whatever you want to call it, but please realize that.

No amount of entitled b****ing is going to change that and it's a pain in the ass to hear 200 posters a day (probably a few are the same users) using the same arguments, the same threats, the same complaints, and the same logic to complain every single day.

It's not going to be pretty, but until we're good again, would you mind just not showing up/spouting off? Thanks!

Strickland33 taking the aged-old "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" to the internet message board.

I don't like his chances for that to catch on, if I'm completely honest.

If we beat UNC or Duke this year, then do you consent to posting a photograph of your foot in your mouth?

Seriously. I don't think anybody disagrees with you. We're rebuilding with 9 scholarship players, two of whom are not really a part of our future, and our young guys are really putting in a solid effort. Bzz'in or Bzz'out we're going to suck for at least the next six months.

And, you know what? He's not getting fired until April, at the earliest, so please...You can call a horse whatever you want to call it, but please realize that.

No amount of entitled b****ing is going to change that and it's a pain in the ass to hear 200 posters a day (probably a few are the same users) using the same arguments, the same threats, the same complaints, and the same logic to complain every single day.

It's not going to be pretty, but until we're good again, would you mind just not showing up/spouting off? Thanks!

Fantastic post.

Wrong. Read my post again. I remember beating those guys and expect us to do so again. I was in Cameron for all 5 of the 5 straight we won there - from Rodney's last visit through all 4 of Timmy's victories there. I said nothing about 'accepting' Buzz. All I am saying is that never in the last 30-40years have we been on a par with Duke/UNC "on a year-in, year-out basis" - but more like in spurts. That has nothing to do with Buzz or LOWF.

I expect us to get back to competing for ACC championships and going deep into the dance. I am not willing to say that Buzz cannot get us there - not yet - though I certainly have my doubts and haven't seen a lot of reasons to believe he can. Do you see the difference? I am realistic and realize he is our coach right now and for at least the next 1-2 years. I am willing to give him that long to see if he shows us something. Last year was a wasted year. This year we are undermanned but showing signs of playing harder and with more of a purpose. If next year's class turns out as strong, or stronger than projected, we should see some real progress next year and the next. If we don't, we should cut our losses and move on.

Afraid not. The powers that be can keep this crap up if they want. But the price is going to be that people who care are going to complain about their incompetence; or intransience as the case may be. I care...

Strickland33 taking the aged-old "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" to the internet message board.

I don't like his chances for that to catch on, if I'm completely honest.

Nah, you can say mean stuff all day long. I don't care. It's just repeating the same nonsense over-and-over again like it means something is just getting old. I realize this is all frustrating, but there's so much more we could be talking about (i.e. Why Nikita does what he does. Why [Redacted] cannot wear fashionable clothes. Why can't we rotate on defense.) as opposed to the tried and true nobody goes to games, Bzz'in/Bzz'out, I'm asking the Deacon Club for my money back, Fire Ron Wellman, our players suck, Bzz can't recruit ...

Is there anybody on these boards that doesn't realize (Bzz'in or Bzz'out) how screwed we are this year?

I thought things would be less annoying after KA got his own thread.

Nah, you can say mean stuff all day long. I don't care. It's just repeating the same nonsense over-and-over again like it means something is just getting old. I realize this is all frustrating, but there's so much more we could be talking about (i.e. Why Nikita does what he does. Why [Redacted] cannot wear fashionable clothes. Why can't we rotate on defense.) as opposed to the tried and true nobody goes to games, Bzz'in/Bzz'out, I'm asking the Deacon Club for my money back, Fire Ron Wellman, our players suck, Bzz can't recruit ...

Is there anybody on these boards that doesn't realize (Bzz'in or Bzz'out) how screwed we are this year?

KA doesn't even care about Wake. It would get better if we kept some of the more annoying posters in their own thread that actually "pull" for Wake.

KA doesn't even care about Wake. It would get better if we kept some of the more annoying posters in their own thread that actually "pull" for Wake.

I'd actually prefer KA relative to some of the folks on these boards...

I'm happy to talk about the topics you want to discuss. "...Nikita does what he does" because Buzz is his coach. I don't care what Buzz wears as long as he wears it somewhere besides Wake Forest. And we can't "rotate on defense" because Buzz is our coach. I'll throw in another one - we can't rebound because that is a historic characteristic of every Buzz team. :thumbsup:

Oh and I have NEVER said "our players suck". We just have a coach who makes it look that way. Not hatin... Just statin...

Last edited:
I'm happy to talk about the topics you want to discuss. "...Nikita does what he does" because Buzz is his coach. I don't care what Buzz wears as long as he wears it somewhere besides Wake Forest. And we can't "rotate on defense" because Buzz is our coach. I'll throw in another one - we can't rebound because that is a historic characteristic of every Buzz team. :thumbsup:

Oh and I have NEVER said "our players suck". We just have a coach who makes it look that way.

So if he goes into the red we can find out who is behind the parody right?

I know you are joking with some of these things, but they aren't remotely funny.

I'd actually prefer KA relative to some of the folks on these boards...

You both understand that "pulling" for Wake =/= not bitching about the awfulness we see, right?

I don't doubt that you guys are cheering for Wake and doing what YOU think is in WFU's best interest. Not for a second. I disagree with you, but I don't think you are trying to hurt Wake Forest basketball.

I'm just curious what makes you two get so magnanimous in thinking that anybody that suggests this coach will lead Wake Forest to failure at worst, and mediocrity at best, is somehow not a fan of Wake Forest.

It is like you have created this bubble in your minds where criticizing the coach for being mediocre AT BEST = not wanting Wake to succeed.

NEWS FLASH: We just don't think Wake will truly "succeed" until Jeff [Redacted] is no longer the head coach of our basketball program.

Stop climbing up on your weakly supported, and not even trusted, soapbox already. Fuck sake...

You guys are just as guilty of this fan divide as the "BuzzOUT!"ers, Jeff [Redacted], and Ron Wellman himself

Back