• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs Soccer 2013-2014.

Fayettenam

VILLEMATIC
Reaction score
Wake at home against Coastal tonight. Down 1-0 late in the game. Need to win home games like these.

Sidenote: Wake Soccer twitter needs to pick it up. See UNC soccer twitter for an example.

Wake needs to pick it up in an increasing number of off-field areas.

Ladies won in double OT tonight to stay undefeated.

Coastal is a top 20 team as well. Wouldn't be an awful loss, but obviously would like to win this one at home.

It's tough when you have three All-American freshman on the team last year and none are on the field in the season opener.

Is coastal still recruiting predominantly euros these days? Grew up in the club system there. They definitely had talent but felt they couldn't recruit on the national landscape. Had to go the international route.

It's tough when you have three All-American freshman on the team last year and none are on the field in the season opener.

I know one went pro, are the other two going to play this year?

I heard that they were academically suspended for being so lazy that they didn't type out the two extra letters in the word "are" -- just rumors though.

Bump, anyone got an update on the season? Is this even the correct thread to bump?

I'm reviving this thread over the Fall Sports thread because our soccer team deserves its own thread.

#15 Wake v. #17 Clemson tonight at Spry at 7PM. I'm probably coming up for the game. What time does the stadium start getting full? I'd like to get a decent seat.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/101013aab.html

• Wake Forest and Clemson have been nearly even since the series started in 1980 with the Demon Deacons holding a slight 18-16-4 advantage.
• The series has swayed in favor of the Deacs in recent years, as Wake Forest is unbeatn against Clemson in the last 12 meetings (10-0-2).

Next Up...
• Wake Forest will play a couple of top-20 teams on the road next week.
• The Deacs will be at No. 20 Akron on Tuesday at 7 p.m. and at No. 5 Maryland at 7 p.m. on Saturday.

Good idea on the team having their own thread.

The stands typically fill up right at game time, so I don't think you need to get there very early unless you have a large group.

It is impressive how good Wake's men's team has been over the past decade. The 10-0-2 record against Clemson reminded me of something I read last week - I think Wake is 19-1-2 against NC State in their last 22 games with them.

One of those losses to Clemson was in extra time (IIRC) in either the ACCT or NCAAT. It was gutting.

Wish I could be there tonight. Get it done, boys.

A great video tribute to the killer senior women's class went up today. What an incredible group. Bravo.

Ended up knotted after 2OTs. Not a bad result, but we need to pull out a few of these close ones.

Back