• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs Soccer 2013-2014.

Gave up two goals to Duke in final four minutes of reg. Ended up a draw. Ugh.

For the young guys that followed Deacs soccer growing up or the old heads that remember him, Mark Erwin sustained a pretty bad back injury overseas recently. I think he's doing much better than he was, but certainly a scary incident.

Deacs down to the Irish 1-2 at halftime. Sizable representation from ND here tonight.

Wake is in full dumpster fire mode at the moment between football, hoops, both soccer teams and even lady hoops (lost to Wingate ?! last night)... Good times - let's see how low we can finish in the director's cup this year!!

Wake is in full dumpster fire mode at the moment between football, hoops, both soccer teams and even lady hoops (lost to Wingate ?! last night)... Good times - let's see how low we can finish in the director's cup this year!!

Last night's soccer loss could be attributed to the fact that the Irish are #2 in the country...

I dont think it is even close to fair to lump our soccer teams in with football and both of our basketball teams

As other posters have noted, neither soccer team is anywhere near "dumpster fire mode." In fact, both soccer teams are really good. I think the men's team is a national title contender. They dominated possession against ND last night, but ND made the most of their opportunities. Two of ND's goals were on fantastic shots (one off the cross bar, the other in the upper 90s). I thought ND looked really good, and they too are obviously national title contenders (as noted, they are #2 in the country).

The women's soccer team is good, although not as potent offensively since losing Stengel and Nuzzolese. Even with the injuries, they have the potential to win games in the NCAA tourney.

As I was at the men's game last night, and looking at the massive crowd on the hill (the largest on the hill that I have ever seen), I was thinking that Wake's soccer programs right now are clearly some of the best in the country in terms of talent, coaching, and fan support.

I dont think it is even close to fair to lump our soccer teams in with football and both of our basketball teams

Seriously, the women lost one of the top players in the country to a freak medical problem and will still make NCAAs. Grouping them in with the rest of the garbage is asinine.

For the young guys that followed Deacs soccer growing up or the old heads that remember him, Mark Erwin sustained a pretty bad back injury overseas recently. I think he's doing much better than he was, but certainly a scary incident.

Heard that story from Stefano at State game. Scary but also classic Erwin. Glad he's on the mend.

Haven't been following all season, but read the thread frequently. We'll go to NCAAs, right?

Back