• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs to sweep Orangemen - 1:00 - CBS/ACC Network

then stop calling a 20-year-old a derogatory nickname, you piece of shit

This is a snowflake post. He’s be gettsing ridiculous death threats from some fan bases. Calling him a stupid (although I find it amusing) nickname on an anonymous message board should not register.

Then how did it cut into that lead?!?!? VT only has one player over 6’6 on their entire roster and they just beet the #1 team in the country!!

I mean we’ve seen it fail miserably time and time again, including against our OOC juggernaut losses, but you do you.

This is a snowflake post. He’s be gettsing ridiculous death threats from some fan bases. Calling him a stupid (although I find it amusing) nickname on an anonymous message board should not register.

It’s not amusing. Criticize his play all you want but lay off derogatory nicknames. We rightly hold our program to a much higher standard than [Redacted], we should also hold our fan base to a higher standard than not sending death threats.

Until Manning decides to start ripping refs a new one, they won’t respect him and calls are going to be in favor of the other team.

I feel like Clawson could help him with this.

When he first got here, I thought his name alone was going to warrant respect among refs as well as recruits/parents. The latter is a mixed bag, the former is non-existent, because he doesn't demand it. There is no Danny Manning mystique, which was basically the thing I was most excited about at the beginning.

Then how did it cut into that lead?!?!? VT only has one player over 6’6 on their entire roster and they just beet the #1 team in the country!!
Keep shoveling. It's just getting you deeper into the hole.

I mean we’ve seen it fail miserably time and time again, including against our OOC juggernaut losses, but you do you.

Did you even watch the game today! It’s obvious that Manning is a genius in game coach who was able to make an adjustment at halftime to get us back in the game. And it clearly works for VT! Unless you are suggesting that I shouldn’t base my opinion of a team or a lineup off of one game

It’s not amusing. Criticize his play all you want but lay off derogatory nicknames. We rightly hold our program to a much higher standard than [Redacted], we should also hold our fan base to a higher standard than not sending death threats.

Ok you master of all things humerous. Thank you for setting me straight. The term HotDog is truly just too offensive and must be abolished.

I understood why he didn't initially, but in year 4, you should have a reputation. You have earned the right to lay it on the refs every once in a while. But that is far from our largest problem.

Definitely down on the list of problems but if his sideline reputation was a little more dominant it might affect a call here and there.

I see him barking at the refs on occasion but they don’t give him so much as a glance.

POS, Really? I figure HotDog is better than actually typing the kids name everytime. Let's not name call fella. Meeting posters has always been fun for me as I have met many of these very posters. No sense making it uncomfortable for you to meet one day.

uh, ok

think about that one for a while please

"HotDog" is offensive because it's painfully unfunny

Ok you master of all things humerous. Thank you for setting me straight. The term HotDog is truly just too offensive and must be abolished.

This board has a rich history of posters selectively criticizing certain types of players for “showboating” while praising others for “playing with passion.”

You spelled

800px-Humerus_-_anterior_view.png

wrong.

Some of the calls are bad, but we probably have such a huge disadvantage in FT attempts because our drive enough (and when they do, it’s generally not very under control). I agree we get shafted here and here but would argue (without checking stats, someone can correct me if I’m wrong) that we don’t get a lot of free throws because we don’t get inside enough. When we do, it’s generally either a Doral dunk or an out of control layup/pass.

no, he wouldn't, Jim McElwain

Some of the calls are bad, but we probably have such a huge disadvantage in FT attempts because our drive enough (and when they do, it’s generally not very under control). I agree we get shafted here and here but would argue (without checking stats, someone can correct me if I’m wrong) that we don’t get a lot of free throws because we don’t get inside enough. When we do, it’s generally either a Doral dunk or an out of control layup/pass.
Most guards look out of control when they never get bailed out with calls in the lane

Back